Baby Number Two Gear

Let me preface by saying that we absolutely LOVE having two kids, it has been such a fun adventure & we adore seeing the girls interact with each other. It is so much fun (most of the time) to experience the newborn stage a second time, knowing how quickly it passes & allowing you to savor every sweet little moment just a little bit more. That being said, baby number two is a game changer. The second you leave the room to change your newborn’s diaper, you can bet your ass your toddler is now guzzling your iced coffee & unfolding an entire basket of laundry.
I know it will be second nature in no time, but it’s crazy how all of a sudden you can’t believe you ever thought having one kid was hard.

I put together a few of our favorite things that we have found most helpful now with two. Not pictured is the movie Frozen, which has quite possibly been the best thing that has ever happened to our daily routine.

Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller \ Summer Infant Dual Video Monitor
Solly Baby Wrap \ Boon Lawn Drying Rack \ 4moms rockaRoo

Double Stroller \ We chose the Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller after lots of research & so far, we LOVE it! It is such a smooth ride, so easy to push & easy to manipulate the different ways to use it. I wanted something that would grow with the girls, so for now, we are using the carseat attachment (this adapter specifically for the Peg-Perego Infant Carseat that we have) but will eventually have it ride with two seats. There are tons of different options, I am a huge fan of that. Plus, the basket underneath is giant & that is always a win in my book!
rockaRoo \ The 4moms rockaRoo doubles as both a portable infant seat & a full on swing, with a rocking motion that soothes her right to sleep. I also love that it is low to the ground so Harper can see Eloise when she is in it, she is always sitting next to her talking to her or giving her “toys.” It also has an adapter to plug into your ipod/iphone to play music, DJ Harper’s favorite feature! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dual Camera Monitor \ We bought this Summer Infant Dual Camera Video Monitor because the one we originally had didn’t support a second camera. We love Summer Infant because the video quality is the absolute best. With the handheld monitor, the screen automatically switches every eight seconds between cameras so you don’t have to constantly check it. Definitely a must have so you can rest assured your babies are safe when they’re sleeping in the other room.
Baby Wrap \ I recently bought a Solly Baby Wrap after hearing so many rave reviews & am so glad that I did! It is so soft, lightweight & most importantly, I really feel like Ellie is perfectly snug & secure when I wear it. I am surprised with how much I have used it already, both around the house so I have two hands to do things with Harper, but also just about everywhere we go solo since I can’t lift the carseat out of the car on my own for a few more weeks. Plus, it comes in so many gorgeous colors, the grey stripe & orchid are my favorites. No surprise! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Boon Lawn Drying Rack \ We had the smaller sized grass one forever, but with double the dishes & even less time to put things away, this larger drying rack is one of my favorite baby items ever. I love the fun & functional design. And when your baby dishes are just piled in the sink & you have absolutely no intention of washing them any time soon, this drying rack works just as well for wine glasses.

I hope that this is helpful to those of you about to welcome baby number two. More than anything, we have found that taking the time to give each baby the attention that they need is just as important as spending time all together as a family. Sometimes it’s easy for each parent to take one kid & do their own thing, but embracing the chaos by getting out & about together is what it’s all about.
Even if you do feel like a traveling circus. ๐Ÿ™‚

Blue Dresses (sold out, similar romper style here) \ Mint Blanket c/o Little Hip Squeaks

Mike Atherton
    January 4, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Good post, really informative one.

baby shower
    newborn gift
    baby gifts
    baby bedding

Piggyback Rider
    April 13, 2015 at 7:49 pm

I like your baby blog. Lovely and adorable babies <3
    Thanks for sharing.
    Check out our blogs too > http://piggybackrider.com/blog/

Muhammad Waseem
    April 21, 2015 at 11:55 am

BRS strives to provide the safest Unique Eco friendly Baby Products also Maternity clothes, Diaper bags, Baby registry, Baby onesies & Baby nursery items. Here are avail cloth diapers, stroller, baby carrier, baby monitor, baby items, baby gifts,high chair, maternity clothes, changing pad and diaper bag.

Muhammad Waseem
    April 21, 2015 at 11:55 am

Elson Cade
    May 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Choosing a baby monitor can be very confusing; do you go with an audio? Or, audio video? Does it have split screen? is it two way? Can you view it from your tablet or phone? What is the range distance? Is 600 feet enough? Can you add on additional cameras? Is the display colour? Is it LCD? Does it come with a stand? Can you zoom with it? Baby Ride Safe has a variety of top notch baby monitors that you can choose from to monitor one or more children. These baby items are cost effective, high technology and are great as baby gifts or to put on your baby registry.

Angela Reese
    May 11, 2015 at 2:39 pm

These alert the parent if the baby starts to cry or seems restless or uncomfortable.

Unborn Baby Monitor

Thuan Su Ba
    August 10, 2015 at 1:21 am

This's great article!! Booked mark it carefully ๐Ÿ™‚
    Twins Stroller

best baby monitor
    December 7, 2015 at 1:22 am

Also have a look onbest baby monitor for more options.

Walter F.Hallett
    January 4, 2016 at 1:38 am

This list is wonderful, Joy. Thanks for posting it.Amazing product.i really impressed

Laura
    January 7, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.

Sandra J
    January 19, 2016 at 7:05 pm

All great suggestions for new moms! And yes- a swing of some sort can be a lifesaver especially when you end up with a little one who gets fussy often. And burp cloths! Buy ALL the burp cloths, lol. ๐Ÿ˜‰

this post
    February 25, 2016 at 2:24 pm

A baby swing for her, a gift from my side. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nicole B
    March 30, 2016 at 1:14 am

janifer
    April 12, 2016 at 3:38 am

Baby is the gift from a mother for a father. I have 1 years baby. i lover her very much. she is my world. I know this feeling. Exactly.My baby is 7 months and becoming VERY mobile! It is important to a baby that her father love her very much. I think every parents need to love his child very much.

Jonah
    May 23, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Great information. Thanks for providing us such a useful information. Keep up the good work and continue providing us more quality information from time to time.

omsandiy
    June 10, 2016 at 2:35 pm

hi…..

this blog is very usefull blog i like it so much,,,,
    u can find double stroller :- StrollAir is a mom owned baby stroller company. We design and offer Best Single Strollers, Twin, Double Strollers and wide range of award winning accessories.

Karen M
    June 20, 2016 at 7:57 pm

That looks like such a pleasant stroller and it might build an excellent baby shower gift!

Lovee Au
    July 31, 2016 at 7:32 pm

http://www.lovee.com/ is the fun, friendly spot for style and fashion for stroller thatโ€™s and unique as you are!
    You can buy bugaboo bee canopy in affordable price for your baby !

The Colourful Baby Dot Com
    August 9, 2016 at 1:58 am

Thanks for your great review !
    By the way, we are the popular baby brand "The Colourful baby" based in USA.
    Here our latest baby products best baby walker for carpet thanks

The Colourful Baby Dot Com
    August 9, 2016 at 1:58 am

Thanks for your great review !
    By the way, we are the popular baby brand "The Colourful baby" based in USA.
    Here our latest baby products best baby walker for carpet thanks

Lovee
    August 24, 2016 at 6:17 pm

He i like to read such types of Baby strollers reviews. And this is very informative…

Lovee
    August 26, 2016 at 1:54 am

Hey nice information !
    You may like bugaboo bee canopy for your baby stroller in half price by lovee.com

Rita M. McRae
    September 15, 2016 at 6:45 pm

It's all good except the seat is too narrow for my 2 yr old son. He weigh 30lbs only. He is falling a little when he is sitting on it but other than that everything is okay.

Mark Alan
    September 27, 2016 at 1:52 pm

One important feature that makes a bouncer seat convenient for moms rather than other baby gear is the portability factor.

Best Baby Swing
    December 25, 2016 at 11:05 am

Best Baby Swing reviews

Emily
    June 27, 2019 at 9:37 am

Excellent suggestions. A swing can definitely be a life saver especially when you have an over active baby. Mine is one, ask me how much Iโ€™ve to be on my toes all the time. And yes!! Donโ€™t forget burp clothes!! Buy as many burp clothes as you can! They are a MUST!!