Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends! We are so excited for the weekend, after a long week of Brandon traveling again & we are ready to get some good quality family time in!! We have a going away party & a surprise birthday party with friends, and also want to take the girls to the park to run (and crawl) off some energy. Let’s hope for lots of sunshine…I say this as it pours rain outside. It’s been a while since I’ve done Friday Favorites, so let’s get right to it, after these totally unrelated breakfast photos of Eloise. πŸ˜‰

I have been looking for a while for good products for Harper’s hair, her hair is really fine & pretty straight, but tangles very easily. After trying a few different things, I have found that the Honest shampoo & conditioner is absolutely amazing on her hair! It lasts forever since you only need a tiny bit on toddlers hair & the sweet orange vanilla smells so good!!

I’m obsessed with this iphone case. I am sad to see that it only comes for the 6, I will be anxiously awaiting eligibility for a phone upgrade sometime in the next five thousand months so I can get this. I have been looking for a new one for a little while since mine chipped, some of you asked on Instagram which case I have, it’s this one, and there is a beautiful new lucite version here that I love too!

Harper’s tutu obsession has sent me on the hunt for lots of cute tights for her to wear underneath. Gap’s new Spring collection has nailed it with these cute bunny knee patch tights & these striped footless tights, I love little girls in tights!!

Our play kitchen. I can’t believe how much the girls love it!! They play so well together with it & chef Harper is always concocting new recipes or ways to use the kitchen, like bathing her dolls in the sink. For those of you who have asked about the gold handles, we just spray painted them before we put it together. I threw them all in a cardboard box & painted them with a metallic gold rustoleum paint. I did love the silver but we have a lot of gold accents in this room so I thought it would be cute to paint it. If you are debating at what age to buy this, I know plenty of people who say their younger kids have loved it, but I’m not sure Eloise would love it so much at her age if Harper were not there to feed her invisible food from it. It really does seem like the perfect gift for someone in the 2-3 year old range though!

I saw this DIY for Whipped Grapefruit Mint Body Scrub & keep thinking what a sweet handmade Valentine gift this would be to give to your favorite girlfriends. Plus, love grapefruit scented things!

And maybe my favorite of all? Daddy daughter yoga.

Wishing you all a wonderful & warm weekend! XO

Andrea
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Does the sippy cup Eloise use work aka not spill and she is able to easily suck liquid out?

Courtney
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Those last two pictures!! Melt my heart!

Brittain White
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

That last picture is just the cutest! I hope you have a great weekend!

Sharon
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Daddy daughter yoga should be the new thing, so adorable! Happy weekend!!!

Jess Scott
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Oh my gosh, Father/Daughter yoga is too much…I can't believe how many pictures you have of Eloise doing "yoga!" She's so cute!! I LOVE that Caroline Wright print…I sent it to Chad yesterday – I think this is a sign that we need it!! πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend!

Gayle
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Oh my goodness. That last picture of Brandon and Eloise is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. And it's also totally cracking me up.

Lauren
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

I'm on a DIY body care product kick so I'm wanting to try that body scrub! Love the kitchen, I saw an ikea hack that had a similar concept except it also replaced all the handles too which really makes it look like an adult kitchen.

perfectlittlehappiness.com

Kelley Tiersma
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Love your Friday favorites!! May I ask what sippy cup Elle is drinking from? My girl has decided she no longer likes hers and desperate for one that she'll use with a straw! Thanks!

January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

What about those eyeglasses lady! They do look on you;)

Summer Ann
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Great post and I love how she does head stands. Too cute! Hope you all have a great weekend!

XOXO,
    Summer Ann
    Simply Summer Ann Blog

Girard Living
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

I secretly hope that my little girl will have a tutu obsession as well (since I've already started buying them for her)! We use that same shampoo for our toddler and he loves it πŸ™‚ happy weekend!

The Snows
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Aww too cute! Love the diy scrub!! Love your pictures Jessica!! I am 14 weeks pregnant with my first and i love posting funny weekly updates!! Check mine out.
    You should post about your favorite pregnancy face, skin, and just products!
    Xoxo
    Snow

Claire C.
    January 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Husband traveling is the worst. Mine's been gone two weeks and finally gets back tonight and I can't wait for him to get here so I can go straight to sleep (wild Friday night, right?)! And this weather is so icky, hopefully it is better the rest of the weekend!

Audra Echenique
    January 23, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Honest Shampo & Conditioner is what I use on my daughter too. It's my favorite! Sometimes I'm tempted to use it too because I love the smell so much!

Kerry Dyer
    January 23, 2015 at 8:35 pm

haha love the Daddy daughter yoga! πŸ™‚ Have a great family weekend!

Jenny
    January 24, 2015 at 2:52 am

Glad to hear the Honest shampoo/condition gets a thumbs up! We've been using Method kids shampoo, but my daughter's hair is getting too long and tangly! She uses the Honest pull-ups at night (LOVE), so I'm going to add the shampoo to my next order!
    I also have the Rifle lucite case on my phone & it looks awesome over the gold on my 5s!

Michelle
    January 24, 2015 at 2:52 am

Did you do that amazing painting? Can you post a tutorial?

Kiki Mincks
    January 24, 2015 at 2:52 am

Thank you for suggesting the Honest Co's shampoo and conditioner. My 11 month old daughter has very similar hair and I find most shampoos I use make it look stringy. Have a great weekend. It was nice to stumble onto your blog. (:

Karra
    January 24, 2015 at 2:52 am

Honest co. is the bomb. We also love Shea products for Rae's hair!

Lindsey
    January 24, 2015 at 2:52 am

My daughter's hair is the exact same, fine and straight. I absolutely LOVE Honest Shampoo & Conditioner, there is no crying and whining when we brush her hair after bath. And I love the smell as well!

"B"
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

I love the head stands! My youngest does this too except she doesn't touch her head on the floor. We always laugh and say great downward dog and then she'll do it again and again:)

Darby
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Loving everything you added to this post! Those tights, omg! I'm going to need to order a pair for each of my girls. That grapefruit scrub sounds amazing and I hear ya on the upgrade.. I am still on a 4 and can't upgrade until May! Lame lame lame.

kdplus3.blogspot.com

January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Are you kidding me? Caroline Wright Canvas Painting….I swear I it in your pics and I just KNEW that you painted it. It looks like a Jessica Garvin original.

Bonnie Patel
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Love the little play kitchen… Can't wait to get one for my little gal when she grows up! πŸ™‚

Kadee
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Seriously, my daughter does this whole stand on your head while throwing a tantrum thing too!! She just turned 1, so we can't help but laugh at her.. DIVA! Love your Friday Favorite's!

Angie Gottlieb
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

We love Honest products! We have been using their shampoo too for our girls. Costco sells a big pack of them too for less! πŸ™‚

Sully
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

the yoga cracks me up, I love it!

Ali Rockwell
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

I'm going to have to try that shampp/conditioner. Natalie's hair is out of control. I have shampoo I like, but I'll give the Honest stuff a try. Plus I love orange scented anything. Also I have that exact picture of Michael and Natalie. Too cute.

yromagosa
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

It's the Lansinoh Momma cup. Our daughter only likes these πŸ™‚

Angie Gottlieb
    January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

My daughter loves tutus now too and I'm so excited she does! I use honest shampoo on both of my little girls – LOVE that stuff. You can get a big pack of it for less at Costco! πŸ™‚

Lauren
    January 27, 2015 at 2:10 am

If you or a family member has a membership to costco you can buy the Honest Co body wash in bulk there. 2 big bottles for $15. Such a steal- we all use it in my family and I don't have to waste spots in my bundle. πŸ™‚ Their bubble bath is pretty amazing too.

Place Under The Pine
    January 27, 2015 at 2:10 am

Love the play kitchen – that is a must have eh? All kids seem to love pretending to cook and bake.

Bethany Michelle
    January 27, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Daddy/Daughter yoga – so precious!

LantanaLiving.blogspot.com

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too!
    February 6, 2015 at 8:18 pm

The Honest Shampoo/Conditioner is my favorite! It works great and smells so good!
    Our play kitchen is the most played with toy in our house. Even the boys love it!