St. Patrick’s Day

We always celebrate every holiday with a festive breakfast, I think it is a fun & easy way to get your kids excited about something & it sets the mood for the day. I have been wanting to try a homemade poptart recipe for years, so I decided it would be a fun shamrock style breakfast. I made the dough the night before, super easy & quick, then just rolled it out and put it in between two sheets of wax paper. In the morning, we just cut them out, filled them with some raspberry jam & put them in the oven. Harper loves to frost & decorate our baked goods, so she was a happy camper!! She concentrates so hard, it cracks me up. Eloise could have cared less, she just wanted a banana.

One of the book stores near us had a St. Patty’s Day story hour & craft time for kids, so we met some friends there and grabbed lunch after. And sent silly selfies to dad while he was in New York for meetings. Eloise is loving life right now, maybe all she ever wanted this whole time was to walk? I am convinced she hated being a baby.

Green Dress & Glitter Headband, old from J.Crew Outlet // Gold Bow Dress // Shamrock Hair Clip

We ended the night with Brandon coming home just in time for the girls’ bedtime. He scared the shit out of us by bursting in early during bath time, but we forgive him because he brought ice cream. πŸ˜‰ So we made the most of the amazing weather & hung out on the patio in our pajamas for a bit. The first thing Harper told him when he came in was “good job for wearing green!”, she get it from her mama!

Hope you all had a great St. Patrick’s Day filled with lots of love & luck! XO

Jacquie Rhodd
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

You have the most adorable, fun family of all time!! I adore your blog. With my favorite part of you always keeping shit real!! Love, love, love! Your glasses are too cute, what brand are those? I am wanting/needing some in my life and I am loving everything about those. I am so busy with 4 kiddos, was looking at ordering some but can find the pair I love! Ordering will either go totally in my favor or go like some days around here, complete shit show πŸ˜‰ Happy Spring!!

Samantha @ Cotten Tales
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Oh, that little gold bow dress! Your girls are simply adorable!

Kristen {Miss Southern}
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I've been wanting to try the homemade pop tarts forever! Glad to hear they are easy, which recipe did you use?

Lauren Hudson
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Those pop tarts look bomb!!! Yummmm!

Tyler Marie Check
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Eloise is just too freaking cute in that bow dress. I can't wait to have a girl! I have 2 boys now and am convinced I will go poor buying girl stuff one day πŸ˜‰

March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Deets on the glasses!!! This momma needs a new pair and you look so hip and cute. Share the love for this old gal! ;]

Valerie Hubac
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Eloise just wanted a banana πŸ™‚ Hahaha. No worries, mama, she'll get there soon enough. And then #3 will just want the banana.

kadee10
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

You gotta share the poptart recipe!! How fancy! Love your holiday festivities! I always look forward to them!

Savanna
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

My 3rd hated being a baby as well. As soon as she could walk and do things for herself, it was like she was a different kid. She still gets really upset when she can't do something the older 2 do.

Kristen Woolsey
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

All of your chalkboards are beautiful!!
    -Kristen

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Your girls are so, so pretty! Love the outdoor chalkboard!

bnicolesal
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Your girls are TOO cute πŸ™‚ Love the pop-tart idea! Your so creative!
    Oh and by the way, you should add that "come at evening or at morning" in your shop….asap πŸ˜‰
    LOVE!

The Rodriguez Crew
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I'm convinced she hated being a baby…………….. hahahahahahhaha I have one of those too!!! So FUNNY.

Laurel Gordon
    March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

1. Your eyebrows are PERFECT.
    2. Love that last picture with the chalkboard quote and everything! It is so sweet.

Tawnya Faust
    March 18, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Haha "I'm convinced she hated being a baby" my kid was happier once she started walking also! And Harpers comment about the green shirt! Like mama like daughter πŸ˜‰ Happy ST. Paddy's day! XO

Danielle Siero
    March 18, 2015 at 7:13 pm

You always do such fun things with meals! I would try, but since my little is so darn picky I doubt she would try it at all.

Also, love the outdoor chalkboard!

Bree Gale
    March 18, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Sounds like such a fun St. Patrick's Day! I love the comment Harper made to her daddy πŸ™‚ so cute!

Summer Ann
    March 18, 2015 at 7:13 pm

So cute! I love how fun you seem to make every holiday.

XOXO,
    Summer Ann
    Simply Summer Ann Blog

Courtney
    March 18, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Abigail pinched the crap out of Jim when he walked in the door because he wasn't wearing any green. So, yeah, we've got some hardcore holiday enthusiasts up in here :p

Stephanie Dumm
    March 18, 2015 at 7:51 pm

I am so envious that even as a young toddler Harper has been good at helping in the kitchen (or that's just the impression I've gotten.) My daughter is 2 1/2 and I only recently let her start helping me in the kitchen because she is like a tornado.
    And I totally agree, Eloise probably just wanted to be on the move from the beginning : ) Happy belated St. Paddy's Day!!!

Emily Hackethorn
    March 18, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I just love your ideas all the time and your adorable family. That quote you scripted on your porch is just lovely and I want to live my life by that! xo

Jessica
    March 18, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Those poptarts look delish!! Where is your patio furniture from? Do you recommend it?

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

There is a new place near us in Omaha that makes homemade poptarts and they are amazing! I think I will stick to letting them do the work and just enjoying all the flavors – clementine, nutella, you name it. Love your holiday posts and those adorable little gals of yours.

Jennifer Musser
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Love the pop tart idea. Random but have you thought about a booster seat for Harper? We are thinking of moving our 7 month to our toddlers Marathon and have been looking for good 5 point to booster seat for our 2 1/2 year old. Would LOVE to hear what options you are looking into. Having a hard time between a Britax again and a Graco Nautilus.

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup]
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Aria was the same way. She hated not being able to move herself. But, when she figured out that crawling thing it was like flipping a baby switch. She went from crabby to just pure happiness. Mobility, not so bad after all.

Claudia
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

It's absolutely ridiculous with how obsessed I am with your blog!!!!
    You look so FABULOUS and Your daughters are just so gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing a bit of your life with all of us.
    Can't wait for new posts.

March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Just too cute!! I love your blog! I literally laughed out loud….."she hated being a baby"! Ha!
    Good job on pop tarts! I swear…..I wish I had it together as well as you! ❀️

Christina @ Embracing Simple
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day! Great idea for the homemade pop tarts!

Kasey Sutgrey
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Homemade poptarts?! It is pretty amazing how you manage to fit that in! And your girls look so cute in their little outfits!

Molly Martin
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I adore your holiday posts! I grew up in family of two girls, a holiday loving mom and a traveling dad. I can totally relate to all of this!

Unknown
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

LOVE the outdoor chalkboard- your writing couldn't be more perfect and gorgeous!! Love your festive spirit!

Place Under The Pine
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

The poptarts look fun and yummy too. For some reason the kids do not have a lot of green in their wardrobe right now, so we were not stellar celebrators this year.

Nicholle Montalvo
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Okay, I need to know your skincare secrets. You have BEAUTIFUL skin. I'm so jelly. Adorable St. Patty's day post! =D XO!

Sadie Cummings
    March 19, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Love this! You are the worlds most festive mama hands down. I am always so inspired by you, Keep it up!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too!
    March 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I'm glad you had a great day! Those pop tarts look delicious!

KiraLake
    March 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm

What do you use to fill in your brows? They look amazing!

Sprinkles and Glitter
    March 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Totally agree! Would love to try these out!! πŸ™‚

Sprinkles and Glitter
    March 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm

You literally have the cutest kids EVER!! The things Harper says and does crack me up! Those pop tarts look AMAZING too!!

March 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I would totally make those pop tarts with the shamrock for Elliot. It would probably have to be Mickey cutouts though! I guess maybe when babies are starting to know what they can't do but can't really do them yet they get frustrated? And once they're able to they're like I've been waiting this entire time! Haha We also probably enjoy those milestones just as much as they do! Onto chasing that baby girl!

Stephanie Dumm
    March 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm

My kids don't have a ton of green, either, but I didn't feel bad because I figured no one is going to pinch two toddlers. ; )

Liz
    March 20, 2015 at 2:04 am

My poor kid didn't even get dressed in green and you're making your own poptarts! πŸ™‚

Kim
    March 20, 2015 at 7:10 pm

I know I've already said this on your instagram feed but I NEED that chalkboard art for my entryway in our new house!!! And I need it big πŸ™‚ Pretty please with sprinkles on top put it in your etsy shop!

March 20, 2015 at 7:10 pm

I just came back and read my comment and it made no sense to me haha! It was too early in the morning!

Alison Rockafield
    March 20, 2015 at 7:10 pm

I love your wall art in the last pic, please say that you'll have this as a print available at some point in your shop!?!

Catharine Mendez
    March 23, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Lol, This made me laugh! Don't feel bad girlie, it happens to the best of us!

Catharine Mendez
    March 23, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Lol, this made me laugh! Don't feel bad girlie, it happens to the best of us!