Memorial Day Weekend

We are extending our long weekend by one more day with Brandon home from work, the best kind of Tuesday! He was in Canada for a few days & didn’t get back until late Saturday so an extra day of having him home was much needed. It was Struggle City over here without him for a few days, I have not been feeling the best but the kiddos are full of energy, thankful for water toys & milkshakes. We had a relaxing rest of the weekend, took the girls to the farmers market, the park, the fountains & had lots of fun treats. Harper & I baked our very first homemade pie, and although the blueberry filling overflowed all over the inside of the oven (rookie move!) it was delicious. I have always been intimidated by pies, but am now excited to try some new recipes!

Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your families. We are forever grateful to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
XO

marci @ the wallace house
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Harper & Eloise are always so darling! And I am right there with you, girl! – my husband has been out of town a lot lately and being 34+ weeks pregnant chasing around two toddlers (by yourself all. day. and. night.) is no easy task! Thankfully we're done with travel & long work hours for the next several months (woohoo!) which my exhausted pregnant self is SO GRATEFUL for haha!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl}
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

kudos to you for managing two girls while prego! i would die if matt traveled for work. and you have them dressed alike too! too cute

Laura {happily ever} Parker
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Your girls are just adorable! Cheers to a mellow weekend, that's exactly what we had too!

Liz Joiner
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Your daughters are just so adorable! I can't believe how big Harper has gotten! I've been reading since she was just a small little baby. How lucky that Eloise allows you to put her her hair up, Sophie never lets us do that, so she often runs around looking like a maniac.

liz @ sundays with sophie

Sabrina
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I felt the same about pie…who knew they were so easy?! This is our absolute favorite fruit pie recipe…definitely worth a try! http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/18536/the-old-boys-strawberry-pie/ PS…hope you are feeling better!

kristen peebles
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I absolutely love the photo of their little toes!

hannah frankel
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Your girls are too cute!! Hope your family had a lovely weekend! X

Stephanie Tobler
    May 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

What wonderful pictures! Do you still only take photos on your phone? Do you use an editing program? Love following your adventures with little ones. I feel we are in the same boat!

Emily Beckwith
    May 27, 2015 at 12:22 am

Your girls are so adorable! Can't wait to see the third πŸ˜‰
    Your pie looks ah-mazing! I totally can't make pies, except cream pies hah. So, kudos!

Paige Beck
    May 27, 2015 at 12:42 am

The cutest girls and the cutest pics! Thanks for sharing that womens tie dye dress, may need that for the fourth of july!

Allison Cooley
    May 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Extra days are the best! The pie looks amazing! Please share the recipe!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Jamie @ Life with Lily
    May 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Love those sweet pretty girls! The pie looks delish and they have always scared me too!

Valerie Broaddus
    May 28, 2015 at 2:32 am

Love those adorable, sweet girls of yours.
    I can hardly get myself ready and out the door with my 8 month old scooting all over the place, so my hat is off to you holding down the fort while your hubby was gone. You must be part wonderwoman πŸ˜‰
    What kind of camera do you take your photos with? Your style is impeccable.
    Have an awesome hump-day!

Ashley @ Life on the Parsons Farm
    May 28, 2015 at 2:32 am

I am excited to start making pies again!! I haven't made one since November – I think its time!

Emily
    May 28, 2015 at 5:25 pm

They are precious. Yay for milkshakes. πŸ™‚

Megan
    June 8, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Random question – what sippy cups are the girls using. My son loves straw sippy cups and can't find a good one!