Food Trucks & Friday Favorites

It has been a wild week over here, doctors appointments & outings of all sorts that ended in meltdowns from just about all of us. We have been transitioning Eloise to only taking one nap a day, so we try to go somewhere fun in the mornings to help keep her busy & wear her out. So far so good, but totally exhausting for me at nine months pregnant.
Last night, I was ready to throw in the towel & call it the weekend. So we hit up our local food trucks for dinner, and cones of gourmet french fries made everything all better! πŸ˜‰ It was on the verge of storming all night, so the weather cooled down just in time. The girls loved dancing to the live music & the drool-worthy popsicle stand on the way out.

I’ll keep my Friday Favorites short & sweet, starting with this peach salsa recipe that is on my list of things to try this weekend! I have been craving Mexican food on the reg, and this salsa with a sweet, summery twist sounds amazing right now!

I have been in love with this black & cream lace front one piece since last year & just scored it for 30% off during Anthropologie’s swim sale. So excited, I can’t wait to wear it all summer long!

A rice krispy treat milkshake? Yes please!

Loving this bright poppy nail color, Essie’s Hip-Anema is the perfect summery shade of red!

I picked up a copy of book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up & love it so far! Especially while in nesting mode, this has encouraged me to do things so differently in terms of cleaning, decluttering & organizing. Thanks for the recommendation Lesley! πŸ˜‰
And probably my most favorite of all today, the return of Orange is the New Black!! Who else has big plans to binge watch this weekend?! XO

Sara McCallum
    June 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Hey mama where are the photos of you and your belly!! 😊 Enjoy your weekend

Brittany Fry @ The 26th of August
    June 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm

I am loving that one piece so much!!!!!! and thanks for sharing that salsa recipe, we are having a girls day at the pool on Sunday and I have been racking my brain on what to make and that sounds really refreshing. Hope you are able to slow down and relax this weekend. We are going to be running like crazy so next week is reserved for Orange is the New Black πŸ™‚

Kelly Linn Feller
    June 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Started OITNB last night too! Hope you & your family have a great weekend!! XO, Kelly

Meghan
    June 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm

I loved that book too! I already loved to organize but it's motivating me to really purge!

Meghan Pilosi
    June 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Ah! That bathing suit is amazing. Wish it'd fit my bump this summer but maybe I can snag it on summer clearance for next year 😁. We're already 3 episodes deep in Orange πŸ™‹.

The Rings
    June 13, 2015 at 4:38 pm

I love that swim suit! You should gather up some of your favorites so I can buy them all bc I LOVE everything you pick out. πŸ™‚

Michelle {lovely little things}
    June 15, 2015 at 12:59 am

Rice krispy milkshake?! WOW!

Erin @TheMiniSkirt
    June 15, 2015 at 12:59 am

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up is amazing, isn't it? I went on a crazy rampage asking myself, "Does this spark joy?" and not much was left over in my closet after that little exercise. LOL.

The Mini Skirt

Bethany
    June 15, 2015 at 12:59 am

I love food trucks! We have a bunch of food truck events over the summer in the Baltimore area. It's awesome when they do it in suburbia because I happen to work right in the plaza they come to!

I'm thinking that peach salsa will need to be in my life ASAP. Thanks for sharing!

netflixtherapy.blogspot.com

Bria Sommer
    June 15, 2015 at 12:59 am

My friend just gave me that book, I'm excited to crack it open!!

Kelsey Dewey
    June 15, 2015 at 12:59 am

Watching oitnb as I'm reading this! πŸ™‚

Daisy Harvey
    June 15, 2015 at 1:26 pm

The peach salsa recipe sounds delicious! πŸ™‚

Our_longboys
    June 15, 2015 at 1:26 pm

For me transitioning baby girl to one nap a day went well. But now that it's Summer I'm trying to transition her to sleeping an hour or so later= not working out too well. It's gotten so hot here and by the time we get to have some fun- it's too hot out! Yuck! Good luck to all in the transition phases πŸ˜‰.

Rachael Mancuso
    June 15, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Can you do a post on where you find all those adorable hair bows/clips??!! They are all so cute! I want them all! πŸ™‚

June 15, 2015 at 7:38 pm

We have yet to go to our food truck park! It's definitely a Summer bucket list item. I was going to start watching the first season of OITNB and the first scene was a girl in the shower naked haha! I need to give it another try. This week will be better! πŸ™‚

Allison Cooley
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

I wish we had a food truck park! We just started OITNB and we are kind of disappointed in the first few episodes of season 3. I just want the drama to show up already;)

'Tis Our Life Blog

kristina
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Yes that book! Lesley recommended it to her team as well! Loving it!!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl}
    June 18, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Eloise's thighs are killin me! too cute!

Brittany Mahnic
    July 5, 2016 at 6:31 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.