Did you ever play two truths & a lie as an ice breaker? I always found it so fun, I love hearing random things about people. So I am sharing ten things today, more like confessions than random facts, but you get the concept. Ready?! 🙂
1. I have really been struggling with my patience with the girls & go to bed feeling guilty almost every night. Whether it is something I yelled at Harper for or things I didn’t take the time to do & should have, it has been weighing on me and I really need to find ways to do better. I need to do better at reminding myself that she is only three, and sometimes that means tantrums & relentless whining. And coloring on dining room chairs. I need to think about why I am telling her “no” and maybe consider just saying “yes” instead. I need to not get annoyed when I have to chase Eloise up the stairs, get her out of the fireplace or dive to keep her from jumping off the couch for the nine hundredth time, because that’s what babies do. Being so pregnant, emotional, uncomfortable, etc. should not be an excuse, even though I use it as one. I know, that is a whopper for number one, but I needed to get it out there so maybe I can hold myself more accountable.
2. I love my mini van & I am not afraid to admit it. Convenience is everything.
3. I have eaten chocolate chip toaster waffles almost every single morning for breakfast for the last few months. I typically eat them before the kids wake up so they aren’t asking to eat them too, because I feel like they need to eat something healthier. I hope this bad habit goes away after the baby comes! 😉
4. I want a margarita.
5. I have zero intention to stop wearing my maternity pants after the baby comes.
6. Before I got pregnant this time, I thought we would stop at two kids, or maaaaybe have a third a few years down the road. Now, I want four. But I am afraid of having a fourth c-section, as my doctor doesn’t really recommend it due to some minor complications I have had.
7. We still have no baby name.
8. I am nervous for my c-section surgery & recovery, but more nervous for surviving at home with two toddlers & a newborn on what will most likely be an hour or two of sleep at night. How how how does that work?!
9. I worry non-stop about my kids getting sick or getting hurt. Every time I hear or read a sad story, I panic & can’t get it off my mind for days. Is this anxiety or just mom life?!
10. I definitely did not cry over a spilled milkshake this weekend.
Can you tell which one’s the lie? 🙂
Spoiler alert: number ten. Emotions running wild.
Hope you enjoyed this depressing collection of random thoughts.
And because no post is complete without a photo, Eloise chewing on her high chair & sticking her grilled cheese between her toes.8