Our Weekend + Bathroom Sneak Peek

Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all had a great weekend. I can’t believe we are well into June, there is an overwhelming amount of things to be done around here before baby girl arrives & I’m pretty sure we are running right out of time! Brandon was in Iowa for work for a few days & we were so happy to have him home late Saturday in time for some weekend fun. I took the girls to Ikea Saturday morning, we finally picked up the outdoor chairs I wanted so they could have a place to lounge, they’re obsessed with them! Sunday morning, my sweet friend Ashley hosted a small baby shower/sprinkle to celebrate baby girl #3. Instead of gifts, everyone brought date night ideas, which was the sweetest, most creative thing ever! πŸ˜‰ Did you know there is a treehouse bed & breakfast in Atlanta?! It was so fun having a relaxing morning & donuts with some of my favorite ladies, while the girls danced around us in butterfly wings of course!

And most exciting of all, we finished our master bathroom! I still need to add some accessories to the shelves, do a few small paint touch-ups on the cabinets & add a bamboo blind above the tub. I’d really love to find some plants for the bathroom too, maybe something Eloise won’t try to eat. So maybe a fake one? πŸ˜‰ Any recommendations!? We ended up going all the way dark with the walls AND cabinets (Wrought Iron by Benjamin Moore), which I never intended to do but was loving the way it looked along the way. We added some raw wood mirrors & shelves, and my favorite rug ever as a runner in the room to bring in some color & texture. I love how it all turned out, despite many bumps in the road! Here is a little sneak peek!

Double Diamond Rug // Wood Shelves // DipDyed Stool

Can’t wait to share the full room later this week!! Hope you all are having a great start to your week!
XO

Teri O'Neil
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

LOVE that bathroom! Currently scared to the plunge on fixing up our bathrooms and get rid of the ugly blonde trim.

Kelsey Dewey
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Bathroom is AMAZING. I love how the rug goes with the dark walls

Melanie H.
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Bathroom looks great! And where oh where did you get that kiddie pool? I think we are in need of it!

Jessica
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Oh my – love love love the bathroom! We remodeled ours back in January and I have been searching for the perfect rug. I've had that same Athro one in my cart for months and I think you've convinced me to pull the trigger- it looks perfect in the space!

June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Please please please tell me where that white dress is from. I am pregnant as well and need a white maxi for beach pictures I'm taking next month. Love your blogs and you make everything look good!

Rita

Karra
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Swooning over the tile on the floor. And a fiddle fig would be perfect in there if you get enough natural light. Although, my two year old would be all into that so fake might be best. Ikea has some big fake ones.

Christina @ Embracing Simple
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Aw, hard to believe Baby Garvin #3 will make her debut shortly!! πŸ™‚ I love the rug you chose for your bathroom, adds just the right amount of a splash of color to it. Very pretty!

June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Eek! It couldn't have turned out more perfect! I agree that some green would give it a nice pop of color. Maybe some succulents that aren't prickly? Low maintenance too! (I tend to kill plants) Or you can always go with the little topiary style ones that are fake. Awesome work!

Alecia Harris
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Love the bathroom!! Turned out great and im loving the dark paint. Happy Monday!

Sparklyshoesmuddyfeet.com

Ashley
    June 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Ahh! I wanted to paint our bathroom this color and chickened out. I want to go buy new paint immediately because this is STUNNING!!

Brianna Franzosa
    June 9, 2015 at 12:36 am

Where is that great pool from??

Milena Enguidanos-Gonzalez
    June 9, 2015 at 12:36 am

Love your bathroom- would totally pin it on pinterest πŸ˜‰ I am such a sucker for white everything in kitchen and bathroom but I feel like my husband and I would meet somewhere along the lines of what you did. Speaking of, we have 3 (yes, 3) bathrooms that range from needing little tweaks to ma$$ive renovations. So congrats on getting it done.
    And I am swooning over that rug!

Allison Cooley
    June 9, 2015 at 1:19 am

I love the dark colors! I may have to paint an accent wall in our bathroom that color! Love the winged picture!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Chelsea V.
    June 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Love the shot of the girls in the pool! And absolutely love the black walls…that's the type of thing that you would say to someone "we're painting the walls black!" and they would think you're crazy. And then you do it and it's amazing! XO chelsea play. wash. rinse. repeat.

natasha {schue love}
    June 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

The bathroom looks sooooo good!! I just saw a post about fake plants in bathrooms and I think they recommended the little ones from Ikea. Can't wait to see the final product!!

June 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Bathroom looks AMAZING!! Your hard work sure shows. I just love your style! -NG

Janine
    June 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

omg the bathroom is FABULOUS….great taste.

Janie G.
    June 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

You should get a snake plant, also called "mother of tongue" plant! It would look beautiful in this space! They grow straight up so it won't take up much space, very VERY low maintenance, and they're popular for bathrooms because it helps get rid of mold spores. I got mine from Home Depot for like $10 in October and have only watered it once! Win!

Jenna
    June 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Wow, it looks amazing! I could never come up with something so creative, not in the slightest great with interior designing πŸ˜‰

Kimoy
    June 9, 2015 at 7:43 pm

where is that awesome pool from? and the girls smoothie cups? I have been looking everywhere for something to put Caleb's smoothie in lol

June 9, 2015 at 8:56 pm

I would love to know where you got that pool from!

Melissa Hobson
    June 10, 2015 at 2:10 am

Bathroom looks great! I have to work on the hubs letting me incorporate pink into my house.. he refuses! If our baby ends up being a girl his protest will be over tho.. haha, love the bathroom tho! Happy it all worked out for you in the long run!!

Ally
    June 10, 2015 at 2:10 am

I'd also love to know where the pool is from! Looks perfect for my little lady! Thanks πŸ™‚

June 10, 2015 at 1:48 pm

love the bathroom. that turned out great! also, where did you get that pool from? how perfect!

Ellie C
    June 10, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Where is your dress from? I love it!

Valerie Hubac
    June 10, 2015 at 5:34 pm

I love the clean lines and those dark walls! Gorgeous πŸ™‚

Nat{natyouraveragegirl}
    June 12, 2015 at 4:41 pm

gorgeous! man i am loving pink but M would never go for it. womp womp. it looks bomb!

Celeste
    June 15, 2015 at 12:59 am

Love the idea of date night ideas for sprinkle #3! Any chance of a full post on this idea?

EmKay
    June 18, 2015 at 12:18 am

I found it by searching google because I loved it too!! its on amazon called: Banzai Big Splash Inflatable Activity Wading Kiddie Pool Sprayer Basketball Hoop πŸ™‚

The Baldners
    June 23, 2015 at 2:34 am

Where's the light fixture above sink in bathroom from? Love it!!

The Baldners
    June 23, 2015 at 2:34 am

Where is the light fixture above sink from in bathroom? Love it!

Jana
    June 24, 2015 at 6:25 pm

the bathroom looks amazing-you are so brave!

Bathroom Floor Tiles
    August 17, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I read your blog which makes me feel how beautiful your bathroom is looking . You have described it very nicely .There are many innovative sites with which we makeover our bathroom with creative bathroom floor tiles and bathroom design ideas and get your bathroom looks wonderful.

Smal lBathroom Makeovers
    September 4, 2015 at 1:22 am

Such a nice and beautiful blog you have shares here with us really it is so good. Thanks and keep sharing more like this.

You Plumbing
    January 28, 2016 at 9:58 pm

The master bathroom color and texture is perfect! How perfect. I love it. Thanks for sharing!

ban gofran
    June 7, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Wow! I think it's a good time you have passing in this weekend. I am also try to enjoy my weekend with my family though my kids always enjoy their kids shower.

James Brown
    October 5, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Your this blog is very amazing and interesting information about the bathroom and plumbing it's great.
    long bathroom sink with two faucets

Laura Vitto
    August 27, 2017 at 1:15 pm

I love the idea of putting all the bathroom supplies in their own glass jars. That makes it easier to see what is inside them without having to open a box, plus a glass jar looks so much better too. Next time I go to the store I am going to need to buy a bunch of jars.