Weekending + Pink Paint

Ah, the weekend. Two more left before baby girl arrives! And we are in HUSTLE mode.
Our weekend was made up of lots of projects around the house, sorting through newborn things that have been packed away & preparing for the return of never ending baby bottle washing. Bedtime couch snuggles & early morning hammock swinging. Painting the nursery PINK & joking about how we may have just jinxed ourselves into this one ending up a boy. A kid free night out filled with nachos and good rock & roll, Boston + Kansas at our favorite outdoor concert venue. A quick dip in the pool & homemade pineapple popsicles. More painting & furniture rearranging. And a Sunday night Netflix marathon, late night bowls of cereal & endless entertainment watching our two crazy girls on the baby monitor while they went to sleep together in the same room.
Hands full, hearts full.

Hope you all had an amazing weekend! XO

Kasey Sutgrey
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Perfect weekend, you guys did a little bit of everything! I love the pics of the girls matching!

Allison Cooley
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

The first picture of the girls is seriously too cute for words!! And how is there only two more weeks until baby girl arrives?!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Tawnya Faust
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty skeptical when I saw that pink paint colour on Instagram but it looks great!! Love what you did to that dresser too. We just bought a dresser to redo for our little one coming this fall and I can't wait to find out what we're having so I can get started!

Colleen
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Girl, skip the bottles and let that baby nurse, nurse, nurse! Bottle washing is for the birds.

Caitlin Bazemore-Armstrong
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

How do you accomplish so much? I have a busy one year old and am off for the summer. I feel like I can't get anything done! So excited for you to introduce your news little one!

June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

What color is the paint you used? Gorgeous as always!

Shayna
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Jessica, you look absolutely glowy!! (Real word? Who knows.) Anyway, as always, your little ladies look adorable and that is the perfect shade of pink β™‘ hoping for a easy, breezy next two weekends!

Tanya
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Do you have a recipe for the pineapple Popsicles?! That sounds SO good!!

Stephanie Garey
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Love the pink! Which color/brand did you use?

Kelly Linn Feller
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Such a cute picture of you too! Baby #3 is getting so close!!
    XO, Kelly

Stephanie Tobler
    June 16, 2015 at 1:52 am

Good gracious, you a just beautiful! Inside and out! Thank you for your posts they brighten my day to see other Mama's just keeping it real!

Kelsey Dewey

Adorable
    Can't wait!!!

Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Reading "Hands full, hearts full" legit gave me chills, I love that.I have one, but we've decided to not start trying, but stop NOT trying, if that makes sense. Ugh babies.

Christina @ Embracing Simple
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I really like that shade of pink in the nursery too, girly but not an obnoxious "in your face" type of pink. Very pretty πŸ™‚

Janet Kellstadt
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

That is a really nice shade of pink! Everyone is adorable as always!

Hilary Kennedy
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

In love with those striped leggings! Where are they from?

Eileen Brett
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

My sister just had her 2nd girl in April after the doctors told her she was having a boy and the nursery was all finished in brown, navy and red trains… surprise!! (Although they told her very early on and then couldn't tell if she was a boy or girl in the following u/s so she maybe should have waited to do the nursery). Good luck with baby girl #3!!

Alycia
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

i love the colour of your nursery. We are not finding out the gender this time around, so we are going neutral for the paint, and I'm hoping to find some cute accents after baby is born!

emilymaiko
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I really like your glider/rocker. I actually wanted one similar to that, but ended up getting something completely different.

Jennifer Jaramillo
    June 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm

They're little CHICK pjs – adorable!

IvyHearts
    June 16, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Agree ^^^ while it doesn't always work out for all mamas, I loved nursing. No mixing, warming, testing, washing… It actually saved me so much time. πŸ’— hugs!!

Ashley @ Life on the Parsons Farm
    June 16, 2015 at 9:30 pm

One day I'm going to be blessed with a full house..but for now it's infertility and adoption. Regardless I am so happy for growing families no matter how it happens!

Whitney @ Work it Mommy
    June 16, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Those dresser knobs are too darling! Commencing baby countdown, so exciting πŸ™‚

Elizabeth Birenbaum
    June 17, 2015 at 1:06 am

You guys always seem like you have the most fun! Sounds like the perfect weekend!

June 17, 2015 at 1:06 am

You have the prettiest skin! You should do a post on your skin care routine and what your go-to's are for makeup!!! πŸ™‚

June 17, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I just love all of the updates on your princesses!! I love all of the mermaid things you've posted about and I found this on etsy and thought it was too cute not to share! https://www.etsy.com/listing/236647641/3d-mermaid-girls-room-art-mermaid

The Grass Skirt Blog
    June 17, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I love that pink color. It is so soft and pretty!
    The Mini Skirt

Michelle T
    June 17, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Where are Harper's black sandals from? Love them!

June 17, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Hi! Totally not trying to butt in here, just thought I'd mention that she has blogged about the fact that she's had trouble breastfeeding in the past and she needs to use her pump quite often, hence the many bottles and tiny pieces she needs to use. I've been there- it's a lot of work but so worth it to still get that breast milk to the baby! πŸ™‚

Paige Beck
    June 17, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Love all of these pictures and the pink paint!

Colleen
    June 18, 2015 at 12:18 am

Oh I know, I've read for a while! More nursing means less pumping though, and therefore less bottle washing. Trouble breastfeeding in the past does not mean trouble breastfeeding in the future! Just trying to be encouraging!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl}
    June 18, 2015 at 12:42 pm

baby's sweet pink nursery…swoon!

IvyHearts
    June 19, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Yes, I have been reading this blog for years and recall that. There are plenty of options and support/ resources to help with supply and feeding issues. Colleen is right on point about pumping & nursing. It is not always easy to nurse, but as mentioned, it is definitely possible, even with previous issues. Just trying to offer positive reassurance πŸ’•πŸ’—

Jessica
    June 19, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Praying for you! XO

Jennifer Rose
    June 19, 2015 at 8:51 pm

uhh please tell me everything you used on your face in this pic! you look beautiful!!

Meg
    June 30, 2015 at 2:35 am

Love the paint color! We are selling our house so I'm holding off on painting but I love Soft Shoes by Behr for the day when we get back to painting!

July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Oops sorry, just trying to be helpful with the info. It didn't sound like ya'll knew she's had previous trouble. I had trouble with 2 babies and pumping was definitely a lifesaver for me! Surely she appreciated the words of encouragement. πŸ™‚

Sham Monk
    November 2, 2015 at 10:49 am

This comment has been removed by the author.