Beauty Favorites + Eyelash Extensions

I have been working on an updated beauty favorites post for a while now & wanted to share a few of the things I am currently using & loving. I have used a lot of the same things for years, which you can find in this post, but over the last year or so I have tried lots of new things, and there are a handful that are totally worth sharing. With anything skincare or makeup related, I usually don’t try them unless someone else has recommended it, or if I have a chance to try it first in the store before purchasing. I would love to know what your very favorites are!

Tula Exfoliating Mask & Hydrating Cream // I recently tried this mask after reading wonderful things about this brand & I absolutely love it. My skin is crazy sensitive so I am always weary of trying new skincare regimens, this is super gentle on my skin but also does wonders for my complexion & how soft my skin feels after using.
Glow Time BB Cream // The BB cream that I have used for years was recently discontinued, so I have been looking for a replacement for the last few months. I tried this in the store & immediately loved it!! It is full coverage, which I normally don’t go for, but it’s very lightweight & not too overpowering, and I love that I don’t even feel the need to put on concealer when I wear it. I like to apply it with my Bare Minerals brush to get the most even look. Also, it smells good, and that never happens! I use the lightest color
Mac Lipglass // Favorite nude lip glosses ever, I usually buy them two at a time because I always get scared they’re going to stop making it. My favorites are Florabundance, Underage & Myth.
L’Oreal Eyeliner // I have used this for years, it is liquid eyeliner with a felt tip. It is so easy to apply & you can make your lines as thin or thick as you’d like. Plus, super affordable!
Honest Lip Balm // Chapstick addicts unite. This is one of my very favorites, it is organic which I like since the kids always want some, and it comes in a three pack.
Nars Bronzer // I have also been using this for years, I love the super subtle bronze that never looks orange. I use Laguna, and also love the duo pack with Orgasm blush.

And last, but very not least, my eyelash extensions! I have gotten a ton of emails & questions about them, so I wanted to share a bit about the process & maintenance of them. My eyes have always been so bothered by mascara, and I feel like every time I wash off makeup, no matter how gentle I am, I lose tons of eyelashes. So I have wanted to try extensions for years! Here is a before & after picture wearing no makeup, other than lip gloss. Try to look past those crazy baby hairs growing all around my part!

They are amazing for so many reasons, the most obvious being waking up with gorgeous lashes & never needing to apply mascara! This is especially amazing for when you don’t wear makeup, which I don’t most of the time during the week. Lash extensions look so natural, but you can get them as long or as curled as you like if you want them to be a bit more bold. The only downfalls, are of course that they are a bit pricey & they do take an hour or so for application. Although I don’t know many moms who would complain about laying down with their eyes closed for an hour! πŸ˜‰ Depending on your natural lash growth, you would need to get them filled every 3-4 weeks. Overall, they’re so fun & I have loved having them. If you’re local, I went to Anastasia at Blink & Wink Salon in Atlanta & highly recommend them!! She truly takes so much pride in her work & does an amazing job.

If you have any questions, or of course any great beauty product recs, be sure to share in the comments!

Kelley @LoveLikeCrazy
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Your extensions look so great!! I have blonde eyelashes, so I have to wear mascara. I got them dyed once and it was amazing to look less dead when I didn't have eyemake up on :). My favorite now is bare minerals complexion rescue (like a BB cream – tinted, moisture, sunscreen). I love going to sephora with new recs and having half my face in my normal and half in the recommendation and deciding favorites from there!

Leslie Scott
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Ironically, I'm scheduled to get my lashes done today! What have you used to maintain them/keep them clean and looking their best? I've heard baby soap?

April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

What is an average price for extensions? I suddenly have a strange bald spot in the middle of my eyelashes that appeared postpartum. And oh my goodness you don't ever need to wear makeup, I look like I got hit by a truck without a good dose of under eye concealer!

April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Your lashes look amazing! I use a carbon black mascara and every time I wash my face at night, I look like a panda so extensions would be awesome! Have you tried the Milani blushes? Super affordable and beautiful! Luminoso is my fave. For eyebrows my favorite is the NYX micro brow pencil for $10. I've heard great things about the Anastasia Beverly Hills one but I think this one is close to being a dupe for it. πŸ™‚

Hilary Pfefferman
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I have super sensitive skin too and never try something new without a good recommendation so thanks for sharing! I've never been a powder wearing girl but after seeing too many pictures of my shiny looking face I tried It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores HD Micro Finishing Powder and LOVE it.

Jamie
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Ah, your lashes look great! I've been wanting to try extensions, but get nervous that they'll make my real eyelashes fall out! Have you had any issues with that? P.s. first time commenter but longggg time reader – I just LOVE your blog! πŸ™‚

Natalie Blevins-Cain
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

What's the Maintence on extensions? I heard you have to go invevery week but that can't be right.

Meghan Pilosi
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Ah thanks! I'm seriously always on the hunt for the best bbcream/foundation. I googled glow time and found it on overstock today for 35! Ordered! Hopefully it's left coming from there! οΏ½οΏ½

Carolina Menzel-Jones
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I loved your eyelashes! Did you do the clusters or the one by one. I've tried both but I wanted to hear others' opinions about it. My favorite make up remover is from bobby brown. It smells divine!
    xo
    Carolina | http://www.dearbabymj.com

LOVESTRONG
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

How often do you need to fill them? Thanks for sharing!

Liesa M
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Monat hair care has been a game changer for me! It's an amazing botanically based product, with no harsh chemicals, sulphates or parabens. I can go days between shampoos without resorting to dry shampoo, and actually wear it down more often! My favourite thing is that it is helping to speed up the growth of all those teeny tiny baby hairs around my face; a result of my beautiful baby girl #2. Even better that's it's made in the US!
    Simplebeauty.mymonat.com

Klein Dot Co
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I use the same exact liner and feel the same way about hoarding them! Target has been out of stock a few different times, so now if I see them, I grab one for the cart almost every time, no matter how many I have at home!!

Colleen
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Oooh I have been dying to try eyelash extensions ! I'm turning 30 tomorrow too (happy birthday!) and thought I might get them as a present to myself. Have you had to get them filled yet? I'm interested to know how often you need to do that. Also how was the application process (besides long) ?

Katie
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Have you tried any of Beautycounter's skincare or cosmetics? I'm sure you would love them…especially since you have sensitive skin! Almost all of the brands that can be purchased in Nordstrom, Sephora, Target, etc. use known skin irritants, ingredients linked to carcinogens, toxins, and hormone disruptors. I would love to send you samples of our essential line skin care that has base of coconut oil and has been developed for sensitive skin. I also think that you would love our Dew Skin..it's a tinted moisturizer with SPF that you can just throw on and go. I used to use Too Faced's BB Cream and really liked it until it was discontinued..and I found out what was really in it!😞😣Let me know if you would be interested in samples! xo(email: singhkatie@gmail.com)

Brookelyn
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

I had lash extensions for 2 years and LOVED them! I loved not having to wear any eye make up & made my morning routine so much easier. I decided after 2 years to have them taken off due to my hectic schedule. My lashes looked SO horrible. It looked like they were singed off by a bad bbq accident… Seriously, I looked horrible for about a month and a half until they looked "normal" again! Just a heads up!;)

Amie Lawson
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

My favorite eye cream is Rodan + Fields Multi-Function eye cream. It really helps for my mommy eyes, I call it my "eye crack"!! I also love Burt's Bees lipgloss (lipgloss/lip balm in one), score!

Michelle T
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Which Bare Minerals brush do you use??

Nicole Porter
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Do you like better than the Smashbox bb cream? I saw you said discontinued but the ulta and Sephora store still sells it here. Wondering if I should try the Glow be cream instead.

Meg
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

I adore Eminence organic skin care (especially their camomile moisturizer and pumpkin soufflΓ© mask). I also like Mario Badescu botanical facial scrub – you can go in their website and fill out a survey about your skin and they will send you free samples! I also love the Yes to Coconut lip balm, EstΓ©e Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB cream, and MAC Lovechild Lipglass. Mary Kay has my favorite firming eye cream and lash love mascara!

katie snead
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

I have been wanting to do eyelashes for years but I am an eye rubber! I would be soooo bummed if they fell out!!!

Jennifer
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

This has nothing to do with this post but please tell me where you got your iced coffee that you snapchatted Monday? Was it just iced coffee with milk? Yummmm

Marissa
    April 26, 2016 at 3:02 pm

I've been waiting for this post hoping you would fill us in on your eyebrow stencil or pencil, please fill us in.

May 2, 2016 at 1:45 am

Please share what you're using on your brows!! They look amazing along with those lashes!!

Brittany Veronee
    May 4, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I'm getting my lashes done for the first time next week as my Mother's Day gift.. I'm curious are you able to wear mascara at all with these? How do you wash your face with these without them coming off after just a few washes?

Laura Kuentzler
    June 22, 2016 at 2:10 am

What did you replace your Philosophy airbrush powder with? I'm SO sad they discontinued it!!

Richard
    August 24, 2016 at 6:17 pm

It's looking just perfect eyelash extension,
    mink lashes