Our Family Room

Β We finally finished the rest of our family room just in time to give it a total holiday makeover after Thanksgiving this week! The first thing we picked out in this room was the charcoal sofa & chair from Jonathan Louis furniture, we really wanted to go with the dark colors but knew we would have to keep everything else light and airy to balance it out. It’s so comfy and has been so durable with the kids! We layered two rugs from RugsUSA, added in a thrifted mirror and console table, and finally settled on a coffee table to finish off the space. We gave our fireplace a little makeover by painting the brick white, I almost loved it as it was before, but the salmon tones were just too… salmon. The final piece of the puzzle was adding our gallery wall!! We worked with the amazing folks at Framebridge and I can’t wait to share more about the process & some tips/tricks for putting one together yourself! We still need to hang curtains & change out the ceiling fan, and we have some built ins in the back corner that still need refinished. But for now, all I can think about is where to put the Christmas tree!

Gallery Wall

Sources: Frames c/o Framebridge use coupon code GARVINANDCO15 to save 15% on your first Framebridge purchase!! (order by 12/4 for mail in items & 12/18 for digital prints to get by Christmas!) // Clarice Sofa & Chair in Sensu Charcoal by Jonathan Louis Furniture // Frames c/o Framebridge // Floral Print // Horse Print // Peaches Print // No Place Like Home Print // 5 Print // Jute Rug // Sheepskin Rug // Coffee Table // Wire Basket (similar here) // Mirror thrifted (similar here and here) // Grey Pom Pillow // Gold Planter

Candace
    November 22, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Looks amazing!! I’ve been looking at this same jute rug! Is it soft enough to sit and play games, etc on with little ones?

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Yes! This jute rug is much softer than other jute rugs I have felt, you can definitely sit on it or kids can crawl on it and it is not scratchy πŸ™‚

Lindsay
    November 23, 2016 at 12:47 am

Did you paint the fireplace yourself? Any tips? I’ve been debating doing it but I actually love it as is but would love it White more! I’m afraid I may regret it if I do!

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:25 pm

We did! It’s such a hard call because once you do it, you can’t really un-paint it. If you love it, maybe consider if you can paint walls or the mantle? But we really do love it white, the first coat was a bear, but the rest went on really well! πŸ™‚

Katie
    November 23, 2016 at 1:11 am

SO beautiful!
    Can I ask where your light fixture over the dining room table is from?

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Thank you katie! It is from Ballard! πŸ™‚

Calah
        November 30, 2016 at 10:26 am

HEllo! What size light fixture did you get the small or large? Thank you!! I love your style!!

Katie
    November 23, 2016 at 1:51 am

AHH! IT TURNED OUT AMAZING! And It is obvious you NEEDED that pillow to tie in with the pictures! Love it!

Kitty
    November 23, 2016 at 9:19 am

I thought you had already imagined the Christmas Tree in the entryway by the stairs?! πŸ˜‰

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I did! πŸ˜‰ But now I am leaning more towards garlands on the stairs and the tree in the family room where we can watch our Christmas movies with the glow of the lights! It will be a toss up until we get the tree in here!

Kitty
        November 24, 2016 at 4:13 am

Would you have one in each? Maybe designating one for the girls with plush ornaments?! I’ve always wants to try that for my little one…

Lindsey K
    November 23, 2016 at 9:53 am

This is all beautiful! You have such a youthful style, and especially love the Ronald Dahl quote, where might this piece be from? Lovely room!

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Thank you Lindsey! The Roald Dahl piece is from Nordstrom. We definitely like our house to fit our family, nothing formal happening over here πŸ˜‰

Lindsey K
        November 24, 2016 at 3:19 am

Awesome! Thanks! This got me started doing lots of quote searching last night!

Jackie
    November 23, 2016 at 10:54 am

Everything turned out lovely! So exciting to have everything come together! I couldn’t help but notice the pretty glass vases on the fireplace brick and the awesome candles near the tv…how do you keep 3 littles from breaking them or from hitting their heads on the coffee table? ! (Or is it just my babes that do these things? !) πŸ˜‰

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Normally we keep a cover on our fireplace for safety, I took it off for the photos and if we have guests over after the kids are in bed we take it off and slide it under the couch πŸ™‚ They don’t mess with the vases or candles, although Claire totally unloaded an entire package of baby wipes and dropped them one by one into the vase the other day.

Megan K
        November 24, 2016 at 12:26 am

I love your blog and have been reading forever, and I usually read the comments too. This seriously just made me laugh out loud, my 14 mo old does the same with all of our tissue boxes! πŸ˜‚

Megan J
    November 23, 2016 at 11:28 am

It looks so fresh! Gorgeous colors. Where did you find the clear glass jugs on the fireplace?? I need a couple of those!

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Thank you Megan! The jugs are from West Elm last year, or maybe two years ago?

Jennifer
    November 23, 2016 at 11:30 am

Maybe you mentioned it, but can you tell me where you found the “Watch with glittering eyes print?” Love your room!😍

Jessica Garvin
      November 23, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Thank you! It’s from Nordstrom. The brand is Poncho & Goldstein, it has been sold out for a while but they may have them somewhere else for sale.

Amber
    November 23, 2016 at 2:38 pm

First – your new site is gorgeous!!! Second – this room… so cozy and I can perfectly imagine a Christmas tree twinkling in the corner. Can’t wait to see more! xo

Amela
    November 23, 2016 at 5:58 pm

love it!! especially the TV dressoir <3

Amy
    November 23, 2016 at 6:15 pm

How Pinterest?! Absolutely adore your interior style, and that gallery wall is just perfect! xx

Bianca Davila
    November 23, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Beautiful! Love your home!

Maggie
    November 23, 2016 at 9:13 pm

This looks amazing! I am now on the hunt for that sign by Poncho and Goldstein. We just bought a house and I am re-reading a bunch of your posts for design ideas. You have an incredible eye for design! Enjoy your holiday!

Maggie
    November 23, 2016 at 9:53 pm

update: contacted Nordstrom customer service and they cannot find it anywhere. I can find similar prints on Etsy but I love the medium this is on. Hopefully it will come back!

Meghan
    November 23, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Where is the beautiful tasseled pillow from??

Zoe
      December 13, 2016 at 1:43 am

I saw it on Anthropologie!

Courtney
    November 23, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Painting the fireplace just made the roomπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜

Brittany
    November 23, 2016 at 10:34 pm

GORGEOUS as always! Would you mind sharing where you got those adorable lights our have strung in front of the fireplace?! <3

Kayla Olson
    November 23, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Jessica! I adore everything you do! You’re style, you’re set family, you’re blog, you’re love of all things chalkboard! I love seeing new posts! Lots of love from the Twin Cities! πŸ˜„ xoxo

Jenna Rangel
    November 23, 2016 at 11:24 pm

I feel like I always want the one thing that’s not linked, lol. Where did you get the small strand of lights on your mantle? I bet that looks so awesome at night!

Lindsey
    November 24, 2016 at 12:08 am

Can you share the paint colors on your walls?

Kristin
    November 24, 2016 at 1:37 am

Everything looks great.!! I’m curious of your TV size? My husband wants to get a new huge TV and I’m afraid it will be all TV in the room. Yours looks good and I love the stand its on!!

Kelly
      November 27, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Love the stand as well! Would love to know where it is from! πŸ™‚

Sadie
    November 24, 2016 at 1:45 am

Beautiful space love, I’m just loving your new house so stunning!

Emily Hill
    November 24, 2016 at 1:47 am

Jessica, I absolutely Love your blog and instagram posts. Question about your coffee table. Did you stain the top wood a different color? On West Elm’s site it looks much lighter, but I love the color of yours. Just curious if the photo on West Elms sign is misleading to the actual color πŸ™‚ Thanks!

Sally
      November 24, 2016 at 3:32 am

I was wondering the same thing! I have that coffee table from West Elm and the wood is much lighter on mine, but I love the dark color.

Rachael
    November 24, 2016 at 3:13 am

Gorgeous! I would also love to know where the long pillow on the couch is from?

Amanda
      November 24, 2016 at 10:25 am

I was wondering that too!

Zoe
        December 13, 2016 at 1:45 am

I saw that one on Anthropologie’s site!

Erin
    November 24, 2016 at 5:24 am

Hi. I was wondering the same thing about the coffee table…would like the darker verses the light color in the link. Any information is helpful! Thanks!

Debb Sanchez
    November 24, 2016 at 6:29 am

Hi!!! Where did you get that long pillow on the couch and the Tv dressior? Love the way it all turned out. Can’t wait to see the rest of house!!!

Christine Hafele
    November 24, 2016 at 8:02 am

I can’t wait to see this space decked out for Christmas! I love your style, girl! xo

Leslie Z.
    November 24, 2016 at 9:01 am

Such a gorgeous space! I’m just realizing that your living space is almost identical to ours! I wish I had your eye for style…it looks so effortlessly put together! Happy Thanksgiving, Jessica!

Michaela
    November 24, 2016 at 10:26 am

How the heck does your house look so amazing with three kids?! I have one toddler tornado and my house is a disaster 30 seconds after waking up!!!! Also, there is milk like, everywhere! However – I love this!! I keep showing my husband photos of your house as examples of what I want!! hehe! I especially love your family photo behind the couch!!!!

Kelly
    November 24, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Would love to know where the console sand below the tv is from? It’s gorgeous!!!

Kelly
      November 24, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Sorry console STAND

Sandi
    November 26, 2016 at 1:04 am

Hi Jessica! I tried to look up your cinnamon butter recipe on your blog and it kept bringing me back to your latest blog. Would you mind sharing your recipe again or letting me know where I could find it? Thank you!!!!

Amanda
    November 26, 2016 at 6:16 am

Love it!!! Random question is it weird having couch not face TV? We are putting a fireplace in and we were going to hang tv above fireplace but this seems cozier

sarah goodman
    November 28, 2016 at 1:09 am

your tv console is THRIFTED?!!!
    i need to move to atlanta. its perfect.

Allison
    November 28, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Hi! I’ve so enjoyed your home pictures! I too am wondering about the name of your family room wall paint. Thank you!

Amanda
    December 1, 2016 at 1:31 am

I was curious where the industrial strand of lights is from? I love them! Especially how you wrapped them around the logs in the fire place <3

Chealsey
    December 11, 2016 at 9:20 am

sorry if you’ve mentioned it before! I couldn’t help but notice your TV stand I love! Im looking for something similar could you tell me where its from? :))

Kim
    December 21, 2016 at 2:29 am

Hi Jessica
    I was also wondering where you found g the strand of lights?

Kelsey Phillips
    December 24, 2016 at 9:38 am

I love it so much! Totally reminds me of Home Alone how you can see this room from the upstairs staircase! I love the mix of older architecture in your home and the newer more modern feel of your furnishings! Perfect mix!πŸ‘ŒπŸ»:)

Rachel
    December 28, 2016 at 10:44 am

What color did you paint your walls?

Ashley Williams
    December 28, 2016 at 5:27 pm

A perfect family room decor must say! I loved it.

Lori
    January 16, 2017 at 9:07 am

That PINK PILLOW! 😍

Heather Philson
    February 15, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Hi!
    I have a question regarding the thrifts tv stand… do you not have a cable box/DVD player/etc? I love this look of using a thrifts dresser but I don’t know where I would put our media electronics… HELP! Xoxo

Jessica Garvin
      February 15, 2017 at 7:22 pm

We do, they are all inside the door on the left. We have a power strip inside, all of the boxes are plugged into it, and then we drilled a hole out the back for the power strip (which is white) to come down and plug in. You can barely see it, but it’s there πŸ™‚ The cable boxes all work without the door being opened, but the DVD player does not, so if we watch movies we have to leave it open for the remote to work. Hope that is helpful!!