Our Kitchen Tour

We are soooo excited to finally be sharing our completed kitchen renovation! We are so in love with the way it all turned out, weeks and weeks of planning, and praying that all the small details would come together in the end, we couldn’t be happier with the space. This was truly a labor of love, I still have nightmares about some of the first days where our kitchen was gutted, our old home hadn’t sold, and we were knee deep in Ikea cabinet parts. We are so happy to be on the other side!! I have learned SO much while doing this project, and I will follow up soon with a full post about every aspect of the room, why we chose what we did, what we would have done differently, a cost breakdown and some tips/tricks for those of you who might want to go the same route!

So for now, photos of our completed kitchen & a handful of fresh flowers in the sink because that’s what farm sinks are for right?! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sources: Cabinet Doors in DIY Shaker by SemiHandmade // Cabinet Paint Color SeaGull by Creative Cabinets // Quartz Countertops by Premier Surfaces // Floating Shelf Brackets c/o Shelfology // Sink // Faucet // Gas Range // Range Hood // Fridge // Microwave Oven // Drawer Pulls // Cabinet Knobs // Subway Tile Backsplash

PS. Just for fun, this is what the kitchen looked like the first time we saw the house. These pictures are from October of last year when the house first went on the market, I fell in love with that back stairwell because it reminded me exactly of my grandparents house when I was growing up. I still can’t get over all the wallpaper, we have come such a long way!!!

img_0441 img_0440

Kristin
    November 14, 2016 at 7:43 pm

I love the way it came out! I’m jealous of how clean and white it is!

Stacey
    November 14, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Beautiful!!

Devorah S
    November 14, 2016 at 8:10 pm

So so gorgeous!! Now come to NY and do my kitchen pleeeeaaase!! Thanks girl โœŒ๐Ÿป๏ธ

Lauren
    November 14, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Stunning job! There’s nothing fun about home renovations, especially the kitchen! (With small kids) but you said it perfectly… it feels good being on the other side. And OH so worth it! Cheers to yummy meals good company and endless dance parties in that gorgeous kitchen xo

Baylee @ the fayetteville mama
    November 14, 2016 at 8:16 pm

LOVE IT SO MUCH! love the black hardware and the hint of gray with all the white! so pretty!

Jenna
    November 14, 2016 at 8:36 pm

I always wanted a back staircase too! So Home Alone! Love the kitchen!!!

Sara Mueller
    November 14, 2016 at 8:42 pm

It’s absolutely gorgeous!! Do you know the name of those roses? They are stunning too!

Caroline
    November 14, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love that sink!!

Michelle
    November 14, 2016 at 9:31 pm

It looks amazing Jessica! Can’t wait to see how you did it all. That sink is my favorite.

Cynthia
    November 15, 2016 at 12:25 am

You’re kitchen is beautiful! You are a true visionary. If I had seen that house back in October I would have run for the hills screaming. All your hard work paid off!

Lauren Korthoff
    November 15, 2016 at 1:24 am

So beautiful! Did you make your floating shelves, the actual shelves? I saw the link for the brackets. If so, do you have a plan you recommend using? They are lovely. We are in the middle of planning kitchen and bath remodels ๐Ÿ™‚

Samantha
    November 15, 2016 at 1:37 am

It looks amazing! Y’all did an awesome job! We are in the process of finishing up our new home and I went with that exact sink, isn’t it dreamy?! Seeing yours makes me so excited for mine!

Jamie
    November 15, 2016 at 1:39 am

This is GORRRGEOUS!!! <3 All the heart eyes! As someone who also recently renovated a kitchen, I've been anxiously awaiting this post from you! I'm obsessed with everything you guys chose!

Allison Cooley
    November 15, 2016 at 1:43 am

I love your kitchen! I can’t believe what it looked like before. And I’m totally jealous of all your oven space!

Nicole
    November 15, 2016 at 1:45 am

Beautiful!! Do I see a bottle opener on the side of a cabinet?? (If so, I think it’s genius and I love!) ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy your new kitchen!

Isabel
    November 15, 2016 at 2:22 am

Agree with Cynthia! I think I saw that original kitchen in Poltergeist!!! Now I feel like it’s the perfect setting for a Nancy Meyers flick.

Jessica
    November 15, 2016 at 2:27 am

Looks incredible!!!! Awesome job!!!!!!

Alison Kepner
    November 15, 2016 at 3:26 am

Wow!!! Your kitchen looks amazing!! Love the white on white on white!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

Holly
    November 15, 2016 at 3:27 am

Love the way it turned out and how far youve come from the original photos! We are also almost on the other side of a full kitchen Reno with three small kids. Waaaaaay too much work, but so worth it!

Katie Gordon
    November 15, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Could you tell us where your bowls and those clear measuring cups are from?!? Love love love!

Chelsey
    November 15, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Looks gorgeous!! I love each detail especially all the bright white!

Shannon Hicks
    November 15, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Help! ๐Ÿ™‚ I make your cinnamon butter every year and I can’t find the recipe on your new webiste. Jessica, can you please post it soon or does anyone else have it? Thanks! I was going to make it this weekend.

Nicole
    November 15, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Love it! Can you tell me where you bought your measuring cups?

Brianna
    November 15, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Looks great! Great inspiration for when we do ours in the Spring!

Kate Bolton
    November 15, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Are you loving your appliances? Mine are starting to die and I love the look of the Kitchen Aid appliances (especially the stove).

Katie
    November 15, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Looks amazing!! Now where are those darling liquid measurers from?? Way prettier than my ugly pyrex!!

Kristin
    November 15, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Beautiful!!!! I live for houses that have back staircases into their kitchens.

Rebecca
    November 16, 2016 at 11:52 am

Looks great! What did it look like when you purchased it? Did the previous owner do anything to improve it or was it still in the condition of what it looked like last October? So fun that you have these “progress” photos!

Renee
    November 16, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Wow! The difference in incredible!! It looks amazing!

Renee | Life After Lux

April V
    November 16, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Wow! It’s gorgeous!! Ya’ll have done an amazing job!! <3

Danielle
    November 16, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Wow! Beautiful!!

Rachael Hoge
    November 16, 2016 at 8:17 pm

omG this is so freakin beautiful!!!!!

Kristen
    November 16, 2016 at 9:49 pm

What a great transformation! I love the white herringbone backspace the most.

Kristen
      November 16, 2016 at 9:50 pm

backsplash I mean!

Karen Peterson
    November 17, 2016 at 5:05 pm

I love the cabinet color! It looks like the perfect kitchen.

Melanie Hasse
    November 17, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Beautiful!! Makes the space look so much bigger and I love how it lightens everything up! Very nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

Amela
    November 23, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Amazing makeover! so inspiring and that sink is the best!

Sharon Joy Klein
    November 26, 2016 at 9:42 am

ok… are there really 3 children living in this house?? Beautiful, but doesn’t look like real day to day living quarters for a family of 5 !

Tammy
    December 5, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Love it! What countertop did you use?

Catherine
    December 7, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Your reno is lovely! One thing I noticed… you put your french door fridge very close to the wall. In my reno I am re-positioning my fridge near the wall too. When I measured the distance needed for my LG french door to open enough to slide the crisper out, I needed at least 7′ of space between the fridge and an adjacent wall. To actually remove the crisper for cleaning I would need to remove the bin on the door which is easy to do. I was wondering if you found you had enough space? Thanks for any feedback.

Jessica Garvin
      December 7, 2016 at 11:05 pm

Yes! The door opens with plenty of room to pull out all the drawers. This was the only option for the fridge placement as that is where the water line was, and we did not want to move around any plumbing in the kitchen. It works though, the shelves inside the door are in spots where you can easily pull all the drawers out without the door completely open! ๐Ÿ™‚

Julie
    December 24, 2016 at 6:09 pm

I am in love with your kitchen! Where did you find the backsplash? I love how simple but unique it is!

Ana Ligia
    January 18, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Hi Jessica,
    I am getting ready to do my kitchen reno, and would love to hear more about the details about every aspect of the room, why you chose what you did, what you would have done differently, a cost breakdown and some tips?
    I had read before about another blogger who also used ikea cabinets but different doors. Then you wrote the post!
    This couldn’t come at a better time, as we would like to stick to our budget. ๐Ÿ™‚

Christine
    February 3, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Love this!!! We’re getting ready to reno our kitchen and I’m wondering about open shelving. How do you find it? I’m worried it’ll become cluttered looking after day-to-day use.

Jen
    February 16, 2017 at 10:36 am

What a random question, but where did you place your microwave (tell me you have one!)? We are about to go through a reno and I would love to figure out a solution that doesn’t have the microwave sitting on the counter. We won’t have a wall behind our range (it will be in a large island), so placing it over the range won’t work (plus I’m not a huge fan of that look anyway). Any advice is much appreciated!

Jenna
    February 23, 2017 at 7:21 pm

I love your kitchen! I’m starting to plan my kitchen renovation and was wondering if you’re still planning on doing a full kitchen process and cost breakdown?

Hillary
    February 25, 2017 at 12:07 pm

I love your kitchen! I am anxiously awaiting your post on all the details so I can prove to my husband we can get a house and redo the kitchen without breaking the bank๐Ÿ˜€

Mary
    March 9, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Hi Jessica! We are in the planning stages of our kitchen renovation. I have IKEA cabinets drawn up and was told about semihandmade and pointed in your direction. I absolutely adore what you’ve done here!!! I am curious if you ever wrote the follow up to what you would have done differently so that I can learn from it?

Also, I am wanting to do white bottoms, white uppers, w doors from shm done in honey w glass inlays. If that makes sense to you, could you give me your opinion?

Rochelle Eber
    March 18, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Hi! Your kitchen is stunning!!! Love the pale gray and white. So fresh and pretty! OK, so you used the IKEA boxes, Semi Homade fronts, but I don’t understand about the paint. Did you paint them with the color you mentioned yourself, did the paint supplier paint them. Did Semi Homemade send it to the cabinet company for finishing. Kindly please explain how it wirks. Thanks!

Jessica Leong
    June 28, 2017 at 5:50 am

Hi! Your kitchen is just lovely! How big is the grout line in your backsplash or are the tiles butted right up against each other.
    I’m sorry if you e answered this somewhere. I tried finding the answer on Instagram also.
    Thanks so much!

Chelsey
    July 31, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Can you let me know what the dimensions of your peninsular are (where the sink is)? I’m trying to make mine a flat countertop, but worries it’ll be too small.