Thanksgiving Menu + Playlist

Happy Thanksgiving week, friends!

The girls are home from school all week so we have been working on all the really important things like drawing hand-turkeys and making cinnamon butter for friends. This time of year just gets sweeter & sweeter as the girls get a little older, I have never wished to freeze time so much as I do now. I love having Harper’s helping hand, spending time with her in the kitchen or doing art projects is something I have looked forward to my whole life. Eloise is at the most fun age of singing Christmas songs with all the wrong words and learning how to do new things every day. And baby Claire, oh I will forever love the sound of a squishy little diaper butt walking around the house & the way their eyes light up when they see things they love (like the Christmas tree aisle at Target).

We are looking forward to having dad home with us for a few days, our favorite Thanksgiving traditions and of course, all of the food! Our menu is similar to years past, turkey (in the turkey fryer!), cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, roasted brussels sprouts (my bro is in charge of this dish), this amazing sweet potato casserole we made last year that I have been craving ever since, stuffing muffins, homemade rolls & cinnamon butter, and a pumpkin pie!

I wanted to share our Thanksgiving playlist, I always love having some good background music for dinner and these are a few of my favorites! If you have any good jams (or menu items!) that should be added to the list, be sure to leave them in the comments!

Thanksgiving Playlist

Wishing you all the happiest week ahead with friends & family!! XO

Jenna
    November 22, 2016 at 3:15 am

We are doing roasted broccoli! Very much like the brussel sprouts, 425 for 20 min, olive oil, sea salt, red pepper flakes. So nummy!

Ferda
    November 22, 2016 at 4:13 am

Oh how much I love “The Cranberries” ๐Ÿ’“

megan
    November 22, 2016 at 4:31 am

“God Only Knows” by Michael Buble, “When I’m With You” by Ben Rector, “Big Yellow Taxi” by Lennon and Maisy
    Here is one of my fave recipes I look forward to (it tastes like dessert):

Lauren Miranda
    November 22, 2016 at 5:02 am

Might be a silly question but how do you play your playlist? Favorite app? How do you get it to play all those songs? Or do you download all of them? Help lol

Kendra
    November 22, 2016 at 6:37 am

Girl, this playlist is $$$$!

Becky
    November 22, 2016 at 11:36 am

I loved your fall playlist. Thanks for sharing!

B
    November 22, 2016 at 12:31 pm

I just saw a recipe for a green bean casserole with goat cheese and almonds. Waiting patiently for my friend to send it to me. It sounds delish. I do a sweet potato casserole that is too die for and I have been craving it since last year. Can’t wait! I am also making a roasted red pepper and smoked gouda soup for something light after the meal.

Emily
    November 22, 2016 at 12:49 pm

what do you use to play music and make playlists? spotify? pandora? anything else i don’t know about?!?! thanks for always sharing such fun music! i love that you make music part of your family traditions. your girls will grow up with a love for music just like you!

Jessica
    November 22, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Always love your playlist! Thanks

Aimee
    November 22, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Your lists are always the best? Do you use Apple Music to make them or something else?

brittany
    November 22, 2016 at 2:57 pm

that sweet potato dish looks so dang good!

xo, brittany
    diy winter floral crowns on the blog today!

Kristen
    November 22, 2016 at 3:30 pm

We recently starting making corn casserole for our Thanksgiving! We use Paula Deens’ recipe: http://www.pauladeen.com/corn-casserole. It is SOO yummy!! Love following your blog and your sweet family, have a wonderful holiday!

morgan
    November 22, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Love the playlist!! What recipe do you use for your green bean casserole? In charge of that this year!!

Eileen
    November 22, 2016 at 5:35 pm

aww, I love this playlist. My dad and I danced to Count Your Blessings for my wedding (White Christmas is our favorite movie) and my husband and I danced to Hold you in my arms by Ray Lamontagne – we also got married on Black Friday ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Turkey Day! Hope you enjoy every second with those sweet girls and the rest of your family!

Chelsea O
    November 22, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Thanks for sharing! I am planning to make your cinnamon butter recipe for thanksgiving gifts for family. Just curious, How do you store these before you deliver? Should they be refrigerated at all times? Thank you for your advice!

Carrie
    November 22, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Love the playlist <3

December
    November 23, 2016 at 9:37 pm

You should turn your song lists into YouTube playlists!

Alison Lancaster
    November 24, 2016 at 9:20 am

Love it! My favorite is “This Must be the Place” by the Talking Heads, but the Lumineers version would be a perfect fit for your playlist. Happy Thanksgiving!

Heather Durosko
    November 25, 2016 at 7:52 am

Love your playlists! Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚ You should check out Tory Burch’s blog for how she formats/shares her playlist posts-it links to a Spotify playlist.
    I made your cinnamon butter again this year-always a hit at our table. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Lindsey
    November 27, 2016 at 10:45 am

Linger!! LOVE IT. Reading about your sweet potato casserole has me drooling.

Rebecca
    November 28, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Cinnamon butter: how much honey do YOU use? Made it last night with 3/4 c honey, and it’s still a little much for my taste. And like Chelsea asked, how do you store it? Thanks!!