Happy Birthday Harper!

Oh my goodness, how is my baby girl FIVE?! She has been so excited for her birthday & woke up today with the biggest smile on her face. I am flooded with all of the typical mom emotions, like where has the time gone and she is growing up so fast. But mostly, I am just so happy. Harper is such a sweetheart, she lights up the room and is a true gift from God.

Five things about her, on her fifth birthday.

1. She has the biggest heart. She cares so much about others, always wants to make people happy & will go out of her way to do nice things for everyone. She makes love notes for all of us and happy mail to send to family & always has a compliment for anyone she meets.

2. She gets the giggles all the time & has the best sense of humor. She gets our jokes and our sarcasm, she even laughs at Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation from the other room when she’s not even watching.

3. Her imagination will take her places someday. She dreams so big, and will literally lay on the couch and close her eyes and tell us she is watching things in her mind. She dreams of airplanes and igloos and swimming with mermaids. She truly believes in magic.

4. Her favorite thing is being home with her family (so much like me!) she loves lounging around in her pajamas or dress up clothes (tutu, socks, sandals, etc.) and dancing or watching movies. We always say she is an old soul. She loves to make a “comfy couch” full of blankets, always asks for the fireplace on and will sit there so happy and content as her sisters run around her.

5. She is always excited for something. Whether it is her birthday, or going to grandmas, or just getting to have ice cream after dinner, she always has something to look forward to. I adore this about her, she never lets things get her down because she focuses on the good.

I have already watched so much of the baby side of her fade away, except every now and then when she stretches in the  morning and she looks exactly like her newborn self. She will always be my baby, the girl who made me a mom, but today, she is so much more than that. She is my five year old best friend, and we love her more than words could ever express. Happy birthday Harper Eve, may all your wishes come true!

Andreanne Woodbury
    February 15, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Bonne fête ma belle!
    This made me shead a tear. It’s so hard to watch them grow up but they are so awesome! Hope she has the most magical birthday ever!

Erin
    February 15, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I’ve followed your blog since you were pregnant with Harper, we had the same due date and ended up delivering on the same day. Five is such a tender, sweet age. So much of what you wrote sounds like my Scotty Boy. Happy Birthday Harper!

Chels
    February 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Happy Birthday, Harper!

Katie @thebrooksielife
    February 15, 2017 at 2:10 pm

She is so adorable! I can’t believe she is already 5! Happy Birthday Harper!!

Kerri
    February 15, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I’ve been following your posts for years and I’M curious if you are still loving the mattress you got her when you got her the bed. Also, did you get the same mattress for your other little one?

Stephanie Allen
    February 15, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Oh my gosh this is the most amazing birthday message and I know this will bring tears to her eyes when she’s old enough to read it all……and as if she’s 5….time needs to stand still- been following since it was JUST Harper and now she’s 5, wow I can’t even imagine what it’s like for you guys! Happy birthday sweet girl and can’t wait to see what her birthday theme is this year!!!

Christina Funari
    February 15, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Happy birthday Harper! This made me tear up. She sounds like such a sweet little lady. Enjoy your night!

Brittany
    February 15, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Currently crying as I read that last sentence and thinking how HAS 5 years flown by? I remember anxiously awaiting (via instagram) for her arrival! Happy, happy Birthday to Harper!! You’ve been a joy to watch grow for 5 years!!

Jenn
    February 15, 2017 at 2:27 pm

A beautiful post for your sweet birthday girl. HBD, Harps!

B
    February 15, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Oh all the feels. We are three short months from this same birthday. My eldest turning ONE WHOLE HAND mom! Happy Birthday Harper!

Kelsey Hammitt
    February 15, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Happy birthday to your sweet girl. My own Harper turns 2 tomorrow and will be having a mermaid party this weekend where we are using a lot of your ideas from your mermaid party last year 🙂

Kristen
    February 15, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Happy birthday Harper 💗 The part about her always being your baby and being the one to make you a mom made me tear up! My two turn two in may and as they move into toddlerhood I am watching my babies transform into big kids far too quickly 😭 #allthefeels

Carrie Budzinski
    February 15, 2017 at 4:12 pm

What a sweetheart <3 Happy birthday Harper

Heather Davis
    February 15, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Wow! Happy Borthday to Harper! A huge milestone reaching a whole hand! I still remember your first few posts after you had her. Seems like yesterday and here I am right behind you almost with a 5 year old myself (in May!) Holy cow!!! Don’t blink!!! Enjoy every second (I know you are!)!!

Brenna
    February 15, 2017 at 4:38 pm

What a sweet post. My oldest is 5.5 and we have three very close in age as well (3 under 3 for 4 months). It’s a crazy but amazing life.

Emily C
    February 15, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! She’s so cute!

Raina
    February 15, 2017 at 4:47 pm

She seems like such a sweet girl, and seems like she’d be someone nice to be around. Happy Birthday, Harper!

Angela
    February 15, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Happy birthday Harper! I have been following your blog since before she was born!!

Leanne
    February 15, 2017 at 5:45 pm

This made me teary! I feel like I know Harper, through your blog, and it is so bittersweet to see our little girls growing up!! She looks just like her Daddy!

Allison
    February 15, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Harper. This is great. Check out the book “You Were the First.”

Julie
    February 15, 2017 at 7:36 pm

I remember when you started doing your chalkboard pics with your pregnancy with her! My how time flies. Hope it was a magical day for you and Harper!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
    February 15, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Happy birthday Harper! I can really feel your love for her in this post 🙂

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Amanda
    February 15, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Happy birthday, Harper! Her sweetness shines through.
    My oldest turned five in September, and I can’t believe I have been following you all this time. Cheers to five years!

Nitsa Jensen
    February 15, 2017 at 11:50 pm

Oh my goodness! This is too sweet! I love the 5 things about her 🙂 XO

Seana Turner
    February 16, 2017 at 6:38 am

That is one incredibly precious photo! What a lucky little girl to wake up to balloons over her bed. Wishing her a wonderfully blessed year:)

Meg Golden
    February 16, 2017 at 6:49 am

Jessica I think what I love most about your blog is that you seem to put honesty , love and genuineity in every post. It’s so obvious you don’t just sit down to hurry through a post because you want to check it off your to-do list. At least that’s the impression I get, even if that is often the case! Thank you for your intention and the time you take to write your posts. Whether it’s for you, or us or whatever.

Also thank you for always being positive. Even your “Ok, real talk people..” posts are upbeat and relatable.

Can’t wait for Good Snaps!

Happy Birthday Harper!

Sara
    February 16, 2017 at 7:36 am

Aww, your posts never fail to make me laugh, cry happy tears, or both. Happy Birthday Harper! She sounds SO MUCH like my oldest. 🙂

Jessica
    February 16, 2017 at 7:40 am

Happy Birthday Harper!!! Ive been following your mom since she was pregnant with you and its been such a pleasure seeing you grow into such a sweetheart!!!

Madaline
    February 16, 2017 at 7:46 am

Happy Birthday Harper! That was the sweetest. I love looking at pictures of my baby boy and my one year old boy and thinking that he’s exactly the same sometimes. And I’m not sad that he’s growing up I’m so HAPPY!

Marlene Guevara
    February 16, 2017 at 8:11 am

I almost cried!! Happy birthday, Harper! You don’t know us, but we’ve watched you grow and we feel like we know you. You remind me so much of my 3-year-old! 🙂 Have a wonderful day!!

Becca Czech
    February 16, 2017 at 9:24 am

She is just the sweetest! Happy Birthday, Harper!

Kristin
    February 16, 2017 at 9:41 am

Happy Birthday Harper!!

chelsea jacobs
    February 16, 2017 at 10:15 am

Happy birthday to your little love!!

Allison
    February 16, 2017 at 10:16 am

Happy Birthday sweet Harper! Many of us have followed you since you were in your mamas belly and we love you so!

Melissa M.
    February 16, 2017 at 11:49 am

Happy Birthday Harper! It’s been so fun watching you grow, learn, and become the best big sister. xoxo from California.

rebecca
    February 16, 2017 at 12:05 pm

okay this is super adorable and i had to comment because my little boy wilder is so much like her! especially numbers 3 and 4. how funny! she sounds like a perfect gem. 🙂

Aresha
    February 16, 2017 at 1:24 pm

She sounds like the best person in the world, like I wish we could be friends haha 🙂
    I hope she has a wonderful birthday!

Jelena
    February 16, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Happy BIRTHDAY 👑 💗 💗 💗 💗 💗

Karen Simon Peterson
    February 16, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Happy birthday to Harper! All of my children are grown, it happens so fast, and I, thoroughly, enjoy reading about yours.

Jenna
    February 16, 2017 at 6:37 pm

As a mom of a 7 month old, it brings tears to my eyes and hope to my heart reading that you can still see Harper as a newborn in certain light…what a wonderful notion! As time inevitably races by, I hope that no matter how old our little babies get, we are able to see that precious little newborn. Xo. Happy 5th birthday, Harper!

Jill
    February 16, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Harper shares a birthday with my middle, who just turned 4. I also have three girls (almost 6, 4, and 19 months), so I always feel such a connection reading your posts and following your feed. Reading your five things about Harper, you could have been describing my oldest to a tee. So she shares a heart and soul with my oldest and a birthday with my second 🙂 Thank you for filling my feed with beauty, authenticity and inspiration!

February 17, 2017 at 9:06 am

I hope she had the best day!!!

Nikki
    February 17, 2017 at 12:35 pm

I’ve read your blog since you were pregnant with Harper. It is so crazy that she’s five! What a sweet young girl. You guys are so blessed.