Oh my goodness, how is my baby girl FIVE?! She has been so excited for her birthday & woke up today with the biggest smile on her face. I am flooded with all of the typical mom emotions, like where has the time gone and she is growing up so fast. But mostly, I am just so happy. Harper is such a sweetheart, she lights up the room and is a true gift from God.
Five things about her, on her fifth birthday.
1. She has the biggest heart. She cares so much about others, always wants to make people happy & will go out of her way to do nice things for everyone. She makes love notes for all of us and happy mail to send to family & always has a compliment for anyone she meets.
2. She gets the giggles all the time & has the best sense of humor. She gets our jokes and our sarcasm, she even laughs at Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation from the other room when she’s not even watching.
3. Her imagination will take her places someday. She dreams so big, and will literally lay on the couch and close her eyes and tell us she is watching things in her mind. She dreams of airplanes and igloos and swimming with mermaids. She truly believes in magic.
4. Her favorite thing is being home with her family (so much like me!) she loves lounging around in her pajamas or dress up clothes (tutu, socks, sandals, etc.) and dancing or watching movies. We always say she is an old soul. She loves to make a “comfy couch” full of blankets, always asks for the fireplace on and will sit there so happy and content as her sisters run around her.
5. She is always excited for something. Whether it is her birthday, or going to grandmas, or just getting to have ice cream after dinner, she always has something to look forward to. I adore this about her, she never lets things get her down because she focuses on the good.
I have already watched so much of the baby side of her fade away, except every now and then when she stretches in the morning and she looks exactly like her newborn self. She will always be my baby, the girl who made me a mom, but today, she is so much more than that. She is my five year old best friend, and we love her more than words could ever express. Happy birthday Harper Eve, may all your wishes come true!31