Thoughts on Thirty

I turned 31 yesterday, which is hard to believe because I most certainly still feel like a college kid. This year flew by, and they say time will only pass more quickly as you age. It’s funny to think of how old I used to think thirty was (like back when I was sixteen and thirty seemed so old) and now I’m here and it’s not so bad. It’s pretty great actually.

What I thought thirty would be like: wearing mom jeans, driving around in a mini van & having a million kids. Having my shit together, always being on time everywhere & eating kale on a regular basis. Waking up by five, doing zumba & in bed by nine. Strictly drinking sophisticated things like tea & red wine. Saying things like “thirty is the new twenty” and probably cutting my hair short.

What thirty is actually like: loving mom jeans, driving around in a mini van & feeling like I have a million kids. Still completely unorganized, late to (almost) everything & rapping Nicki Minaj on a regular basis. Barely waking up before my kids do, considers vacuuming an acceptable form of exercise & stays up way past bedtime watching netflix & drinking margaritas. Fueled by iced coffee & creativity. Feeling incredibly blessed and thankful for my amazing husband, sweet babies & the rest of our family & friends who make our world go round.

Thirty was good & I am so excited and optimistic about the rest of this decade. Thank you ALL so much for the birthday wishes, I am so grateful for all of you & this little community. XO

PS. This dress, to everyone who asked about it on my Instagram, I bought it a few months ago to wear to a wedding later this summer & wanted to break it in for my bday! Sadly it has been sold out for a while, but I found a bunch of similar styles for anyone who is interested!! Also my bag is by Cult Gaia (Brandon makes fun of it and calls it the birdcage) & my shoes are these in Mushroom.

Holly
    April 20, 2017 at 8:44 am

Happy birthday!! Welcome to 30’s. I’m right there with you – I still feel like I’m in college. Unless I stay up late acting like a college student, then I def feel my real age the next day. Ha! That dress IS beautiful! I’ll have to check out some of the look-a-likes. Love it! Cheers to 30!

April 20, 2017 at 9:38 am

You’re a mama of three and you still look like a college girl. Nothing better than that!!! Also, you look beautiful in that dress. 🙂

Tracy
    April 20, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Hi!
    I’ve been following you for awhile, and your style is adorable! Not to mention your little girls. I’m a mom of two girls, and it’s so much fun!! You might get this a lot but I’d love for you to look at my website linked below!! I sell a jewelry line called jBloom! Lots of cute pieces along with personalized pieces!! Take a look and let me know if you are interested. I can help you design something too!! Thank so much!!

Tracy

Sent from my iPhone

Hannah
    April 20, 2017 at 1:14 pm

I love your dress and outlook on life.

S. Shaw
    April 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Happy birthday! That dress looks so pretty on you, I can see why people would ask you about it. My mema used to have a summer purse just like that so I’ve thought of her every time I’ve seen some one carrying one this spring- so cute.

S. Shaw
    April 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Happy birthday! That dress looks so pretty on you, I can see why people would ask you about it. My mema used to have a summer purse just like that so I’ve thought of her every time I’ve seen some one carrying one this spring- it’s making a cute comeback.

Allison
    April 20, 2017 at 4:17 pm

I agree, 30’s aren’t THAT bad, although admittedly for my 36th birthday last month all I asked for were 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep (spoiler alert: I did not receive my wish). Great post, love following along with your blog and hope you had a great day!

Mandy Saulness
    April 20, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Love this. I just turned 30 last December and my best friend just turned 30 on Monday and we’ve been having lots of talks about what 30 feels like. I think it feels amazing and you are proof of that! 30 feels like 20 plus more confidence and people take you more seriously. When I was doing parent-teacher conferences at 26 the parents looked at me like I was a kid myself! 31 looks beautiful on you!

Laurie
    April 21, 2017 at 8:58 am

I recently sprung for this bag and love it! My husband calls it a picnic basket :)-

Emily
    April 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Hi, been following your blog for a while. I had no idea we shared the same birthday. I turned 30 !! 🙂