We have been a little quiet over here, although we have a lot of big things in the works, and one of those is bringing more content to the blog that focuses on health & happiness. I talked a little bit about some of the healthier habits we will be making in our lives & thought I should touch a little bit on the happy habits as well. I have been working on this for a few weeks, jotting down notes here & there of things we try to do, listening to a lot of personal development podcasts & learning more about the habits of happy people, and wanted to share my list with you today!
1. Make the things you love a priority. Write down five things that you love doing (reading, running, laying in bed drinking coffee while scrolling pinterest, whatever it is) and put them on your calendar, make them a non negotiable.
2. Take care of yourself. Self care is not optional, you must take care of yourself before you can care for others. Wash off your makeup & take your vitamins, you will feel like a brand new human.
3. Get a full night’s sleep & wake up early.
4. Eat your veggies but never say no to your favorite dessert. Putting good things into our bodies is important, but so is giving ourselves grace.
5. Be proactive about getting rid of negativity in your life. Unfollow social media accounts that evoke negative feelings or comparison & take breaks from spending time with people who make you feel anything but good.
6. Be grateful. Make a list daily of five things you are thankful for, and tell the people in your life how thankful you are for them.
7. Get inspired! Listen to podcasts or ted talks, make a playlist of songs that give you good vibes and make a pinterest board full of inspiring quotes or images & look at it first thing in the morning while you sip your coffee. Refueling your idea bank is good for the soul!
8. Live in the moment. Easier said than done, especially if you are a dreamer (or a multitasker), but we must live in the moment to experience true happiness, especially if you have babies growing up right before your eyes.
9. PRAY. “The greatest tragedy in life is the prayers that go unanswered because they go unasked. Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers. God isn’t offended by your biggest dreams or boldest prayers, he is offended by anything less. ” – The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
10. Go out of your way to do something kind for someone else, as often as you can. Spread love!
What steps do you take in your daily life to cultivate happiness for yourself & your family? Do you want to see more content like this on the blog moving forward?! Hope you all have had an amazing start to your new year!! xo325