Kitchen Remodel Update

We are on week three of our kitchen remodel and it is actually already wrapping up before the 4th of July!! I cannot wait to bake a festive pie in this kitchen and fill it with summery flowers!!!

This has been a huge undertaking (you can see before pictures here!), but has actually been one of the quickest projects in the house. Mostly because the kitchen required minimal demo since we had to already tear out a lot of it and redo the walls after the electrical upgrade, but also, the cabinets were all built offsite in the few weeks prior! So they were able to come right in, tear out the existing few cabinets & install only a few days later. We worked with an amazing local design/build company, who took our drawings and brought them to life. We went with inset shaker style cabinets that mimic the style of the original built-ins that we have upstairs, all of the cabinets will be painted white & the island will have a dark stain/wax. Choosing a backsplash this time was super hard, I actually loved our herringbone subway tile from the last house and almost did it again, but really felt like shiplap would keep it super simple to let the countertops have the spotlight! I am on pins & needles watching it all come together!!

Two weeks ago we got to go pick out our slabs for the kitchen, we went with carrera marble with lots of sparkly grey veining. I am most excited to see what it looks like on the dark stained island, plus we have something fun up our sleeves for a backsplash behind the sink! We went with these latches for the cupboards, and these glass knobs for the drawers. Picking out these final small details always feels like the hardest design decision.

And the most exciting part so far, this week we peeked through all the plastic and saw the cabinets were primed & ready for paint!!

I can’t wait to share more updates as we go over on my Instagram stories, and hopefully a full finished kitchen less than two weeks from now! That’s all for now, we are off to enjoy this 70 degree day (even if it is a little rainy!) and get started on some other small weekend projects! Happy Friday, friends!!! XO

Brittany Gordon
    June 22, 2018 at 5:51 pm

What color are you painting the shiplap and cabinets?

Brittany
    June 23, 2018 at 8:28 am

Going to be gorgeous! :). Can’t wait to see it all painted and stained! Love the hardware too… such a cool vintage touch. Takes you back to simpler times. <3

Alisha C.
    June 24, 2018 at 12:58 pm

This is stunning! Checking daily for updates and cant wait to see the final reveal!

Blair
    June 25, 2018 at 6:14 am

So exciting! How fun to move to a new city closer to family. My family is from the Northeast Kingdom and I’d love to move “home”. Also I adore your style. Have you ever thought about styling/design from afar. My house needs some serious inspo and I am a “scientist” with little ability to “see” what to do with it!

Tess
    June 28, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Your kitchen is off to a gorgeous start! I found your blog after someone showed me the arrangement of frames around your TV (doing it!) and we have such similar taste in decor. I can’t wait to see more. xo

Krystle
    June 30, 2018 at 8:21 am

I can’t wait to see it all come together! Looks great so far!

sjp
    July 5, 2018 at 9:58 am

I am so excited to see that I’ve picked the exact same hardware. Just LOVE that lucite! I just can’t decide on paint color…I started loving this light gray blue but keep thinking to play safe with white. Any advice?

Allison
    July 6, 2018 at 11:11 am

Custom cabinets are the real deal! We did basically same in our kitchen and once you have them you can’t go back to semi custom or pre fab. Love your latch choices, totally agree the small details at the end are so tough…they definitely make the look though and I love your choices (probably because they are our same latches, haha). Nice work, Garvins!