Our Office Before & After

I am so excited to share our home office before & afters with you today, feels like such a Monday space to share, right?! Brandon works remote so he spends a ton of time in this room, he wanted a darker green paint color, I pulled a ton of options (including some light purples that he shut down pretty quickly!) but we settled on Coney Island by Behr. It is SO pretty and we are super happy with it!! Brandon built another desk, a little longer than the one we had in here previously, so that we could use our old one for the girls coloring table in our playroom/family room (sharing that room next)! We work in here together a lot so having a ton of work space is important, mostly so all of my piles of junk don’t get too close to his tidy side.

Here was the office when we moved in, super modern with built in office furniture, an exposed ceiling (which I did sort of like but it felt off for this style of home) and super funky lighting. It was also carpeted, which we pulled up and had hardwoods laid to match the rest of the house!

And here is the office now! Dark & moody, but also super fun & functional!!

sources: wall color: coney island by behr // chandelier // leather recliner  // tassel blanket (similar here and here)// curtains // curtain rods // desk chairs // poetry stick // diffuser // bunny ear stand // to do list paper pad // drink more coffee pennant

This was a really fun space to design because it is very closed off from the rest of the house so I felt like I could go a different direction with dark paint & fun accessories. We still need to find a rug (and agreeing on a rug might be the hardest accessory to ever choose for our home!) but we are so happy with how everything turned out. Another room checked off the list!!

Hope you loved this little tour!! Hoping to share a full Fall home tour in the next few weeks as we wrap up just a few more projects! Happy Monday, friends!! XO

Angie
    September 10, 2018 at 11:15 am

I love it!!! Looks great and the color is so nice! Can’t wait to see the rest of your other room makeovers 🙂

Can you pretty please post how you’re decorating for Halloween? We are throwing a Halloween party with friends and I could definitely use some of your inspiration!!

Jessica Garvin
      September 11, 2018 at 6:20 am

We will definitely post Halloween decor, we are hosting a huge halloween party too so definitely going all in this year! 😉

angela
    September 10, 2018 at 11:30 am

Love it! What does sign say above your family photo on wall? Also, I wanted to ask how you have been liking that dining table you had made?

Jessica Garvin
      September 11, 2018 at 6:20 am

The poetry stick says “Just in case you ever foolishly forget; I’m never not thinking of you”, and we love the table so much!!

Tiffany
    September 10, 2018 at 12:26 pm

AHHH every time you post something new about your home it is like CHRISTMAS! Cannot wait to see how you decorate for the holidays :)<3

Rebecca
    September 10, 2018 at 12:40 pm

Hi! Love the makeover! Where is the tall basket holding the blanket from? Love it!

Jessica Garvin
      September 11, 2018 at 6:19 am

It’s from Magnolia Home sometime last year, it has been out of stock forever though!

Shelby Lane
    September 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Really love all the accessories around the office and your color choices really pop.

Leah Hazley
    September 10, 2018 at 1:00 pm

OH Jessica, I love it!!! I love the color you picked, it turned out so great!

Baylee Bolinger
    September 10, 2018 at 1:48 pm

So pretty! Love the green so much, especially with the gold accents! Love that quote above the picture – definitely finding somewhere to use that in our home!!

Natalie
    September 10, 2018 at 4:55 pm

Love it, Jessica! You have a knack for design!

Kate Powell
    September 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Okayyy….love it ALL, especially the mini coffee bar! ☕️ You just have a way of creating such a warmth in your home that I admire so much. This little space on the web will forever and always be my favorite place to find inspiration. XO 💗

Jessica Garvin
      September 11, 2018 at 6:02 am

You’re the sweetest, Kate!! Thanks so much for always reading!! XO

angela
    September 11, 2018 at 7:19 am

Super random question–but what perfume do you wear? I want a new scent and know you will wear a great one, such great taste you have! 🙂

Tasha T Guinn
    September 11, 2018 at 9:12 am

I’m in love with the wall color!

Raina
    September 11, 2018 at 9:38 am

OMG My dream office. Especially the coffee bar!! Where is the white desk/table from?

Jessica Garvin
      September 12, 2018 at 6:03 am

Craigslist find! It was navy at the time and we painted it white!

Ariana
    September 11, 2018 at 11:28 am

Absolutely stunning. The dark color is so inspiring! With the white trim and natural light, looks like this will be a color we choose in our new home! Also that photo of the family is so darling, I find it so hard to choose a large print but that one is so natural, I adore it. Your style is so fresh and true, thank you for continuing to share! Well done!

Tina
    September 11, 2018 at 9:41 pm

Such a beautiful space! I’d love to have a designated office space like this in our home. I absolutely love that coffee cup print! Is that one of yours?

Dee
    September 13, 2018 at 5:40 am

Such a gorgeous color! Love the decor and feel of your home, congrats!
    Quick question- where is the wall calendar from? Have been on a hunt for a good one! My favorite one was discounted :/ lately have been loving a big wall calendar vs planner for the famlily. thanks!!

Jessica Garvin
      September 13, 2018 at 7:48 am

thank you! the calendar is Rifle Paper 🙂

Lisa
    September 18, 2018 at 8:19 am

Hi! What color is the stain on your floors? We are redoing ours soon and I love it!!!

Chelsea Smith
    September 19, 2018 at 1:23 pm

If I can ask, what is the stain color on your desk? It is gorgeous!

Julianne
    September 20, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Where is your cute cork board from?? I cannot find a good one anywhere! Thank you!

Andrea C
    September 22, 2018 at 2:16 pm

You always do such an amazing job with your decorating! You’ve inspired me to paint our bedroom Coney Island! I love the color. I just went and got the paint. However, the paint looks so much lighter. I’m a little scared to start painting. How many coats did you do in the office? Did it dry a lot darker?