Powder Bath Refresh

I am so excited to share a super fun DIY project today that we have been working on for the last few weeks. A few years ago, we painted our downstairs powder bathroom a shade of dark navy, which I loved, but we eventually grew a bit tired of. So, after we had the entire main floor painted a few weeks ago, we knew we wanted to give the bathroom a facelift as well. Soooo, we did!!

We were super excited to discover a fun alternative to just painting the room, and it’s not your mama’s wallpaper! πŸ˜‰ You know I can’t resist a good black & white pattern, so this Chasing Paper peel & stick wallpaper had my name written all over it. Since the space is so small, it’s easy to feel like you can go bold, which we certainly did!
We installed a new light fixture a few years ago, which we love, but wanted to still replace the mirror since the one previously in the space was too large. After searching high & low, I came across this perfect brass circle mirror at Target, and couldn’t get it in my cart fast enough after I saw the price tag was under $50!
I moved a piece of art from Claire’s room to temporarily fill the space while I search for something, or maybe something new for her room, I am in a constant state of undecided when it comes to art. πŸ˜‰ We also got rid of the traditional towel bar for a fun monogrammed towel hook, I love it so much more & it makes the room feel so much more custom!

Wallpaper c/o Chasing Paper // Round Mirror (10% off with code SPRINGHOME) // Monogrammed Towel Hook // Light Fixture

And yep, you guessed it, I totally want to wallpaper EVERYTHING now. It was surprisingly so easy to install, as it comes in small 2×4 sheets and can be pulled back off the wall easily if you mess it up, we did almost all of it in a few short hours! A huge thank you to my super sweet sister in law for her help, it does take quite a bit of patience, slow & steady wins the race! πŸ˜‰

So, current state of affairs over here, all three girls are getting over colds & I am (somewhat) enjoying my very last day in my TWENTIES! Brandon has the day off work, and there is wine + good weather, so not too shabby for a Monday.
Hope you all have found a little inspiration here in this post & enjoy the week ahead! XO

Elise @ Her Heart and Home
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Obsessed with that wallpaper! xx

Cali Dockerty
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

It's Tuesday morning as I read this so I just want to be the first to say, Happiest of Birthdays to you!!! I love reading your blog, seeing your beautiful family and supporting your shop. I hope you enjoy the beautiful weather as you ring in the first day of your 30's; Fiesta like there's no Manana!!!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Love love love! PS Where is your chandelier from in the last pic?

Allison Cooley
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I love it! I don't know if I could ever do wall paper but this just might convince me I need to! Also that towel holder is amazing!!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Karra
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

So bold! I would be pretty terrified at first, but this turned out great!

Elizabeth
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

The woman who started chasing paper is from my hometown and I went to school with her brother. I love all the options! Your powder room is so stunning! Love it!

Tawnya Faust
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

LOVE this so much!! It even looks great from the entryway looking in! Seriously, probably my favorite half bath EVER!

β™₯{Diana}β™₯
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Love it! I spy your hand soap. What is that?

Milena Enguidanos-Gonzalez
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

So funny you posted this because my husband and I have a few wallpapers we've been eyeing from different shops! We have all these crazy ideas -ceilings, fireplace, breakfast nook -we just don't know where to start. I think starting with a small space is best though. My mama also has two small bathrooms in her home that have pretty b&w wallpaper πŸ™‚

Ladyandlittle.etsy.com
    Milena

John and Rachel
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

We are considering the same project (Same wallpaper too, maybe grey though. Can't decide!). Do you have and tips for going around the pipes for the sink and toilet? Also, are your walls textured?

Amanda
    April 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Love the wallpaper! And the mirror.

Hmm, maybe a nice black and white photo for the bathroom? Or I think Martha Stewart had a thing a few years ago about blowing up kids' scribbles, converting them to black and white, and cropping interesting sections to form "abstract" art.

Liz Morrison
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

That wallpaper is to die for! Normally, wallpaper gives me flashbacks to my grandma's house, but this is so chic!

Hilary Pfefferman
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

I'm a total sucker for black & white too! #nailedit

Lily Dana
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Super cute wallpaper! It scares me, but I may have to give it a try! Have a happy 30th tomorrow! I've loved your blog since your first belly pictures! Cheers!

Brittain White
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Happy Birthday!! Many blessing on the year to come! I hope you have a wonderful day :).

Kelley @LoveLikeCrazy
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

I LOVE it! Especially with the new paint! We are finally painting our whole house – something we should have done five years ago when we moved in. As I posted on Instagram, I hope you got to be hungover without taking care of children – best birthday gift ever. πŸ˜‰

natasha {schue love}
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

LOVE it!! So fun and makes it a little bit fancy in there! πŸ˜‰

Meghan
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Love the bathroom! A bit off topic… what stain are your hardwood floors? We are in the process as redoing ours and really like the coloring of yours!

katie snead
    April 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

love! When we moved into our house, we had them remove all of the towel bars in every bathroom so that I could add my own! Such a game changer!!!!

Linley Noel
    April 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Love this SO much! I think I finally convinced my husband to wallpaper an accent wall in our baby girl's room, and this made me even more excited about it! Looks awesome, Jessica!

Laura
    April 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

How fun is this print! It would look great in a closet!!

April 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

I love it!!! I love little spaces like that!

Jamie Lynn {Cocktails and Carseats}
    April 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Happy early Birthday! I had to comment as my 30th birthday is next week πŸ™‚ Cheers to 30!

Kaylee Lamothe
    April 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Love! Where is your large monogram letter from on the wall outside the bathroom?

Sarena Maligaya
    May 2, 2016 at 1:45 am

LOVE! What color did you choose for the hallway? Love your style girl!!

Nitsa Jensen
    May 2, 2016 at 1:45 am

Same as previous poster! Where is your large letter G outside the bathroom from? Love it!

Nitsa Jensen
    May 2, 2016 at 1:45 am

Same question as previous poster! Love your large letter G outside the bathroom. Where is it from?

Leah L.
    September 27, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Hey, I know it's been awhile since you posted that. I have been eying that mirror from target because of the price (alternative, higher quality ones are running $300+) for above our fireplace. However, on target.com the reviews seem to be mixed. A lot of people say the mirror makes images look wonky, and that the brass paint easily chips/scratches. What is your opinion on the mirror?