Happy September!! The first official day of Fall is just a few weeks away and that means we are ready to open the windows & pull out all the fuzzy blankets. I can’t wait until our local farms are full of pumpkins so we can line our steps & fill our house, but until then, I wanted to share 5 ways that we are cozying up our home for Fall! Because I just couldn’t wait any longer.
1. Bring out all the cozy blankets, pillows & table linens. We are pillow & blanket hoarders over here, so even the slightest 60 degree breeze will have me piling blankets on the couches & beds. I love an extra basket in each room with some blankets, adding quilts to beds, and table runners or tablecloths to throw on the outside table when we are entertaining. I’m not opposed to having so many pillows on the couch that there is hardly room to sit. Using thicker textures like linen or soft faux fur will make every room feel warm & inviting!
2. Switch out accessories. One of the reasons I love neutrals so much is that it is so easy to make each room reflect the season. I like to switch out our brightly colored patio plates, berry baskets & cocktail glasses for copper mugs, cutting boards & cake stands. Adding a Fall garland to the mantle or even adding in festive artwork on the walls will make everything come together.
3. Bring the outside in! Pulling twigs or branches from outside to stick in a vase will instantly give your house a Fall feel. If you don’t have good branches quite yet, faux stems like these, will also do the trick.
4. Fill up your diffuser. It’s no secret we love essential oils & diffusing them to make our home smell like Fall all day long is one of my favorite ways to use them. You can see a list of our favorite diffuser blends here, they are a great alternative to candles (which are expensive & full of toxins) & a few drops go a long way to keep your house smelling amazing all season long! PS. I still have candles all over my house for decoration, I will never get rid of those pretty volcano jars! 🙂
5. Set the mood with a Fall playlist, I love having music on in the kitchen all day long. Here is our favorite Fall playlist, and I’m also loving everything on the new John Mayer album.
Can’t wait to share our full Fall decor home tour soon! In the meantime, happy decorating!! XO436