Home from the Hospital

First things first, I just want to say thank you all again for the comments & well wishes on the birth of baby Eloise. We are so incredibly thankful for all of the love, support & encouragement. I feel so blessed to have this precious baby girl in my arms & love her more than I ever could have imagined.

The same goes for Harper, she went from just being the baby to being the sweetest, most caring big sister ever & it totally melts my heart. Wherever Eloise is, Harper is close behind, always watching over her, making sure she has her paci if she needs it & of course, always reminding me when she is “pying” (crying). Sometimes she even starts crying too, but usually just says “uh-oh, mama, hold it!”

Since coming home from the hospital this weekend, things have been a little rough. As I mentioned in my last post, my recovery has been harder this time, even though I usually hear the opposite. I didn’t really feel ready to come home from the hospital but I desperately wanted to be home with Harper. I am really sore & still have a lot of pain where my incision was, which makes it so hard to do a lot of things, mostly picking the baby up a million times in the middle of the night (either getting out of bed to do it or having to lean over into the playard). 
I have had an allergic reaction to some of my medication, so on top of everything, my skin is itchy & my eyes have been swollen & red. Again, I don’t like to complain & definitely don’t want to scare anyone, I know c-section recoveries can be totally different for each person.  On the plus side, breastfeeding is still going well for us, which is a total shock after my experience with Harper. There has been pain & bleeding (I will spare you the details) but we are making good progress. When Harper saw me nursing Eloise for the first time, she said “baby sissy eating mamas belly!” And I died laughing, and then I felt like I was actually going to die because it hurt to laugh. We also let Harper feed Eloise some pumped milk from a bottle, Harper loved every second of it & was so excited. It was the cutest thing ever, she whispered to her “is it good?” 

Eloise loves to sleep, mostly during the day, waking up usually every two hours to eat. The first night home she had a really rough night, she was really gassy & couldn’t sleep or get comfortable. All was good though after a few blowouts. 😉 Last night was much better, a solid three hour stretch of sleep felt pretty good for all of us. Harper didn’t start sleeping through the night until close to five weeks, but I know every baby is different so I have really no expectations for the sleep situation. I’ll take whatever sleep I can get & will snuggle the heck out of this cute girl while we are awake.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

Share on pinterest
Share on facebook