1. How is it already morning? Is Claire ever going to sleep through the night, or are the girls ever going to sleep later than 6:30 am ever again? Hmm. Probably neither any time soon. Thank the good Lord for coffee.
2. *after drinking too much coffee* What should we do today?! We should go to the park! Or let’s go to the zoo! Going to the mall with three kids isn’t so bad, let’s go! Let’s do all the fun things!!!
3. Holy shit why did I attempt to do all the fun things. Not enough hands. Not enough energy. Why is the park so crowded? Why is the train table so full of germs? We should drive through chic-fil-a.
4. When was the last time I washed my hair? One glimpse in the mirror (or even worse, the horrifying accidental front facing camera) tells me it wasn’t anytime in the last 72 hours. Ooh, maybe I’ll shower when the kids are napping! Spoiler alert: I won’t.
5. Can my kids actually not hear me? I mean, I did tell them ten times not to yell while Claire is sleeping or put their socks in the toilet, right????
6. I really need to vacuum.
7. Where is Ellie’s sippy cup? Why am I always looking for Ellie’s sippy cup?
8. Is it wine o’clock? Did I just hear a car door? No. Was that the garage opening? Nope. Hang in there, we’re in the home stretch. Brandon’s almost home. Brandon’s almost home. Brandon’s almost home.
9. Ughhhh, they’re all so cute and sweet. Drinking their milk & reading books before bed, I love them. I wish they could all just sleep in our bed.
10. Was I a good mom today? Did I yell too much? Did my kids have enough fun? Why does Brandon have more patience than me? Because he isn’t home all day with them, right? If I went to work, I would be overflowing with patience when I came home at night, right? Maybe I should go back to work. Or maybe I’ll just try to do better tomorrow. Let’s watch Breaking Bad.6