Hospital Bag + Baby Countdown

It’s baby week!! We are so excited that our newest babe will be here so soon & just can not wait to see her, and kiss her face, and snuggle her, and all of those thinnnngs! Of course, along with all of the excitement comes nerves. Just like any birth, I am always a little scared of how things will go. We have spent lots of time praying over the last few weeks & can’t believe that the big day is almost here. It has been a scramble, but her nursery is finished, literally the quickest three week project after months of procrastinating. I love how it turned out & can’t wait to share pictures after she is born! If you follow us on Instagram (@jlgarvin) you saw a little sneak peek today!
 Leather Bag c/o Lily Jade // BlaBla Knit Cat // Quilt sold out from Anthropologie

I thought this time I would share a little bit of what’s packed in my hospital bag, I often get emails asking from first time moms & I can remember how fun and exciting it was when I was pregnant with Harper. This time, I was more or less scrambling to get everything in the bag before Eloise could pull it out! I keep it light, here’s what we’ve got.
For Mama // Nursing bras (I love these comfy sleeping ones).
Bathrobe or button down night shirt. The sooner I can get out of the hospital gown, the better. Something in a modal fabric is always a great choice, it’s the softest, most lightweight material, and so comfortable to wear around the house for the first few days home too, I have this one from Target.
Cozy socks or slippers.
Comfortable clothes to wear home. All of the IVs from my c-section cause me to be really swollen for a few days, so I always bring something sized larger than what I would normally wear. A maxi dress would be a great summer option too.
Seamless, high waisted underwear. Especially good for c-section mamas.
Makeup bag, toiletries, dry shampoo (Drybar Triple Sec is my favorite) & chapstick.
Lanolin & Soothies Gel Pads for nursing.
For Baby // Swaddles, baby hat & mittens (yes you’ll get these in the hospital, but I always love picking out something new for them to wear during our hospital stay).
Pacifier, if you’re going to use one.
Coming home outfit.
For Dad // Extra pillow.
Comfy clothes if they aren’t going to come home to change, again, we will be in the hospital for 3+ days because of a c-section, so this may not be necessary for those who only stay one night.
Snacks.
Extras // Boppy or nursing pillow.
Car Seat.
Technology. Laptop, camera & chargers.
Night Light. Something small that plugs into an outlet, I always hate the harsh hospital lighting, even when you just leave one small light on to sleep at night, but you definitely won’t want it completely dark in the room.

And there you have it, super exciting, right?! πŸ™‚ Aside from packing our bags, shuffling car seats around & setting up baby gear, we have been trying to just take it easy. Harper is so excited for her newest little sister to arrive, the other day she said, “ooh I got an idea mom! we could just name our baby meghan trainor!” A pretty valid name suggestion from a three year old I thought. And, Brandon & I even got to sneak out for a date night (dress from Isabella Oliver, on sale!) after the kids were in bed the other night (thanks, mom!). Nothing like stuffing your face with bread, pasta & chocolate cake at 39 weeks pregnant.

Dress c/o Isabella Oliver // Jeffrey Campbell Wedges

Thank you all again for your well wishes & sweet comments. Hope to be back soon sharing the news of our third Little Baby Garvin’s arrival! XO

Mandy Cooper
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Look forward to seeing this baby girl and hearing her name…

Rach!
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Good luck! Wishing you an easy birth and a happy, healthy baby. πŸ™‚

Melanie H.
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Can't wait to see pictures and hear the name! I'm sure she's going to be a beauty like her sisters. πŸ™‚ Saying a prayer for you too!

natasha {schue love}
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Eeeee!!! Cannot wait to "meet" her!! Sending lots of good thoughts and virtual hugs for a safe and easy delivery!! xoxoxox

Ashley Rowell
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Good luck with your c-section and congratulations on your third little girl!

withlovetherowells.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Birenbaum
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Eeeekkkk! So excited for you! Hope you have a great last week and soak up the time of being a family of four!

Christina @ Embracing Simple
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Oh my lawd, baby week is here already?!? So exciting!! πŸ™‚ Good luck with everything, can't wait to see pictures of your newest little lady once she makes her debut. Great tips for what to pack for first time Mamas too, I have to say I agree with all your suggestions! Keeping it pretty light is always good.

Andreanne Lamoureux
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Bonne Chance! Wishing all the best! That little Harper has the best sense of humor…wish I could met this funny little lady of yours…but we're in a different country!!!

shannon swol
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

So excited for you guys sending you love and prayers for a safe , heathy and quick delivery ❀️

Mandy Sweetland
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Love that diaper bag! And I just have to say, you a source rock being pregnant girl! You look fabulous in that dress! I hope everything goes smoothly for ya! Can't wait to find out what her name is and see her nursery! Good luck mama!!

Emily

BEST WISHES AND PRAYERS!!! πŸ™‚ Can't believe it's baby week for # 3. πŸ™‚

Megan Schmitt

So exciting!!!

Sharon
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I cannot believe you are about to have #3! Feels like yesterday when I started following your blog and you were pregnant with Harper! I'm so happy for you, and wish you the easiest and hopefully peaceful transition possible. Love the dress and love the tips! πŸ™‚ Congrats again!

Alycia
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

You are looking fantastic. and that bag is gorgeous! Thanks for the tips, i'll be needing them come October!!

Sadie Cummings
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

You look AMAZING love! I cannot wait to see a pic of that sweet baby girl when she arrives. So glad you guys are ready for her & that you two got some time together. You are a rockstar and I will be praying over you. xoxo

June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

So exciting! As a reader from the very beginning, I'm excited for all of you! Best wishes for a smooth delivery and recovery. Cannot wait to see pictures of Little Baby Garvin #3 and hear about the girl's reactions (if you share that). You are going to rock having 3!

Hannah Thiesfeldt

What a doll that little Harper is! So funny! πŸ™‚

Kelsey Dewey
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Nightlight is such a good idea…along with the robe

Lyndsey
    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

It's our baby week too! So very exciting and slightly terrifying as this is our first. Praying all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery!

Bree Gale
    June 30, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Thinking of you all! So excited for you!!

Kelly Linn Feller
    June 30, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Good luck hun! I've been following since before Harper was born and I can't believe you are having baby #3!! Wishing you an easy delivery and a healthy Little Baby Garvin πŸ™‚
    XO, Kelly

Bethany Michelle
    June 30, 2015 at 12:55 pm

How do you like your diaper bag? I've been looking for one that doesn't scream baby and keep coming back to this one. You have such a cute baby bump! I only hope I look that good at 39 weeks.

LantanaLiving.blogspot.com

Fitness Heather
    June 30, 2015 at 2:57 pm

So exciting! I wish you all the best! Can't wait to hear what her name is πŸ™‚

Scoobyloves2004
    June 30, 2015 at 2:57 pm

So excited for u and Brandan and the girls!!! I have been following u since Before Harper was born and it has been amazing watching the girls grow!! Best of luck to you and your family. You will be in my prayers. Hope you have a safe c-section and a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Can't wait to see her!!!!! P.S. Just found out we're expecting our 9th baby is late Feb. Happy 4th!!!

Shaunacey Bonneville
    June 30, 2015 at 2:57 pm

timely post for me too, 37.5 weeks and need to get my bags packed 'just in case'

Ashley
    June 30, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Yay!!! Good luck!!! I have three little girls (the oldest is 4 1/2, youngest is 11 months). I completely understand the anxiety. I have almost survived the first year of craziness, and still have most of my hair. πŸ˜‰ Praying for a safe delivery and recovery.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures
    June 30, 2015 at 2:57 pm

OMG how exciting! Wishing you the easiest birth possible!!!

Angela Wilson
    June 30, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I have the same diaper bag! I love it! People ask me all the time if it's my diaper bag or just a purse and I love being able to say BOTH :). My only annoyance is that the snap in pocket system tends to fall in on itself when you stuff it full and then it's hard to get to my wallet or camera, of course, in the middle portion. Anyway, well wishes for your birth and congrats.

Candice Cronan
    June 30, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Yay for baby week! Happy thoughts coming your way as you welcome baby girl number three!
    & can I just say, you look better and better each pregnancy!!

June 30, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Your belly is gorgeous!! I had Elliot in an emergency c-section a day after we had just moved into our house (probably all the moving) and all my hospital stuff (including my brand new super comfy slippers) were in boxes since we didn't expect him for another week. Ugh!! But I agree, seamless high waisted underwear is life changing for c-section mamas! I felt like everything was going to come out of me and keeping it all tight was key. I can't wait to see baby girl Garvin #3!! I'm sending you all the good vibes!

Danielle Siero
    June 30, 2015 at 6:20 pm

So excited for you! πŸ™‚

Tiffany Sewell
    June 30, 2015 at 6:20 pm

If you have enough time before she gets here, I highly recommend ordering the Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Butter off of Amazon. I will NEVER use Lanolin again after trying this!! It completely changing the first few weeks of nursing #2 for me! It's AMAZING!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    June 30, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Holy moly, Momma! I can't believe that it's already baby week! Your pregnancy seemed to be the fast one ever! Probably just because time is flying by for me with our two little ones as well. Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to see that sweet little lady… and I definitely can't wait to hear what name you guys picked out. That is, if you even have one yet. ;o)

Kandi Martin
    June 30, 2015 at 6:20 pm

I can only hope to look as gorgeous as you when I get pregnant!! Can't wait to see your new little bundle of joy!

Meghan Gunther
    June 30, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Congratulations! I have been following your blog since you were pregnant with Eloise and got to follow along this pregnancy while i was pregnant with our second baby girl. Good luck in the coming days, hope everything goes perfectly!!

Chelsea V.
    June 30, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Great picks! I actually used these undies for after my c-section and really loved them since they were high-waisted but still "cute": http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=96713Z30135&MasterCategory_Id=MC14&siteId=J84DHJLQkR4-jSXe4mOK556SWZoNCNG8FQ

Anyway, good luck and I'll be watching for a baby announcement! XO Chelsea play. wash. rinse. repeat.

Allison Cooley
    June 30, 2015 at 9:22 pm

I can't wait for the baby number three announcement. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you! Love the diaper bag!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Jeannine
    June 30, 2015 at 9:22 pm

So exciting! It seems like just yesterday you were announcing Harper's birth and I was expecting my oldest daughter, getting more and more excited to meet her as I read each word that you wrote and felt the love you had for your new baby shine out from your post. I still have another 8 weeks or so until I get to snuggle my third little one as well – I'll be looking forward to reading how everything goes for you guys as a new family of 5!)

Sending all the very best wishes & hoping you have a smooth delivery! πŸ™‚

Katie Brooks
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Awww she is beautiful!! Can't wait for an update! Hope you are feeling great!

Good luck!!

July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Good luck Jess!! I hope everything goes well and your family recovers well πŸ™‚

Jennifer Halbrook

Happy "Baby Day"!!!

Shiann Wilson
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Happy baby day! Praying for a smooth delivery and can't wait for the first pictures of baby Garvin #3!

Lauren Newman
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Good luck! Hope all goes smoothly and can't wait to hear more news of life with baby number 3 πŸ™‚

Mandy Sweetland
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

That was supposed to say you sure rock being pregnant! Haha! That's what happens when you're half asleep commenting on things. Oh mom life!πŸ˜‚

Alex Sorensen
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

I'm SO excited for you. I have been following you from when you first had Harper and I just love your little family. You are such an amazing mom and your girls are adorable!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about this new addition.

DNAmom

Praying for you all!

Alyssa M
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Can't wait to "meet" the third little miss garvin! I've been reading since the beginning and we were pregnant together last time! Best of luck with your csection and recovery!

themakeupmantra
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Congrats, how exciting!!! Our first will be turning the big O N E in just 6 weeks and I can't believe it. It feels like just last week we were being released from the hospital! Best of luck all of you Garvins.:)

Leanne

Best of luck guys!!

Britanie Kostis
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

So exciting! I love the idea of the night light for the hospital. Best of lunch!

Michelle
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

You look amazing!!! Best of luck with the delivery and recovery. I cannot wait to see that little face. Love the diaper bag too!!

July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Good luck girl! You got this, piece of cake πŸ’πŸ‘­πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘

Nat{natyouraveragegirl}
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

can't wait to see her! you guys are blessed!

Beth
    July 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

I am so excited for you! I have been following along since the beginning.

Laura Darling
    July 7, 2015 at 9:11 pm

So exciting that it's so soon! You definitely seem prepared! πŸ™‚

Brittany Lishia
    July 19, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Hi there! I wish I was pregnant again so that I could wear that red dress!! Also, I would love to know where you found your watch… I've been trying to find a gold watch that is classic. That one looks beautiful! πŸ™‚

Kasey Philyaw
    August 3, 2015 at 12:46 am

I am so late catching up on your blog (thank goodness for instagram so I didnt miss Claire!)!! I am SO glad you splurged on yourself and got those amazing shoes in these pictures. So deserved πŸ˜‰