Brandon’s Bomb Chili
(typed up by Brandon, himself)
2 1/2 lb. lean chuck, ground
1 lb. lean pork, ground
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped onion
3 green peppers
Large Can hunt’s tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 can beer (12 oz.)
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
2 teaspoons sugar
3-4 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon warm water
1. In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
2. Remove meat (the beef and the pork). Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
3. Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
4. Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, jalapenos, green peppers water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce. Mix well.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered , for 2 hours.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
7. Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Top with tater coins (not tots) and shredded cheddar cheese
(Note: We added beans the first time, but neither of us really like them so this recipe is to make without beans)64