We asked the girls this year to help make a list of all of the things they want to do to celebrate the season, decorating their room for Christmas was first on the list! They had a ton of fun putting together their ideas & I thought I would share a few of the things we have in the queue for December if you are still planning out all of your festive fun!
- Decorate their room for Christmas. Festive sheets are so fun, but even a mini tree, some garland or an extra strand of twinkle lights make kids rooms so much more fun!
- Make gingerbread houses. This has been a tradition for a few years for us, we might even have a house decorating party with some of their little girlfriends this year.
- See snow. We might have to make our way to Stone Mountain Park this year in North Georgia to make this happen, but for those of you who get a white Christmas, I hope you get to make the most of it!
- Have hot chocolate. Already on the agenda for the weekend along with making our own whipped cream this time!
- Go to the Christmas Tree Farm. And hopefully see a real Reindeer while we are there 😉 We are heading over there this weekend to get a mini tree because we actually decided to buy a fake tree as our main tree this year. I swore I would never do it but sorta fell in love with one and can’t wait to share what we are doing with it!
- Help dad put up lights outside. Our girls LOVE driving around to look at lights & we promised them we would do a better job with our own house this year. We have a few surprises in store for them on this one.
- Give lots of presents. They actually made lists of everyone they want to give presents to and what they want to give them, which is the all time sweetest. They find so much joy in giving gifts (and pictures and random cards or pipe cleaner creations) so I have a feeling we are going to go through a lot of wrapping paper.
- Camp in the living room by the Christmas tree. This is usually our Christmas night tradition (since we never want to let the day end!) but we might have to do it a few extra times this year, just for fun.
- Make Christmas cookies. Dozens of cookies will be made & probably eaten before the season is over! Sharing a few of our favorite recipes very soon!
- Go ice skating. We unsuccessfully did this last year and hoping now that they are a bit older (and more coordinated?) we can try it again! If nothing else, it is so much fun to watch those who can! 😉
What do you have planned with your little ones this season?
Can’t wait to share the rest of their room (and hopefully the whole house!) on the blog next week! Happy almost weekend!! xo288