With summer just around the corner (and quite a few extra hours in my day in the wee hours of the morning), I thought it would be fun to put together a summer bucket list. Harper is now old enough where we can tell her what we are going to do the next day or over the weekend & she will remember (and get very excited for it)! So while the days get hotter, we have a fun list of things to do to & memories to make.
1. Go on a picnic.
2. Throw water balloons.
3. Take Harper to play at the splash pad.
4. Go to the sno cone truck.
5. Have an outdoor movie night.
6. Visit the aquarium one more time before our annual pass expires. Harper is going to love it even more now that she is so obsessed with Finding Nemo & The Little Mermaid!
7. Go to the farmers market (and stock up on homemade jelly).
8. Take a day trip to the lake.
9. Watch lightning bugs from the hammock.
10. Take Harper to play mini golf for the first time.
11. Go Camping! Brandon & I have a camping trip planned for just the two of us, but it would also be fun to do a little backyard camping with Harper as well. We will at least roast marshmallows if nothing else.
12. Go swimming. Lots of swimming!
13. (Attempt to) fly a kite.
14. Watch fireworks & do sparklers.
15. Make homemade popsicles. Loving these squeeze pop ice molds
, perfect for little toddler hands.
Since our mornings have been starting around 6 am lately, we have plenty of time to get our three ring circus out the door & can be outside for a while before it gets hot. This morning we met friends for breakfast & then went to the park so Harper could go down the “flide” a few hundred times. It’s all fun & games until Harper threw a handful of mulch on Ellie, “baby sissy play too!?” and a swarm of bumblebees the size of bulldogs showed up to crash the party. Oh the joys of a playground.
Summer Dreams Tee \ Baseball Tee Onesie
Nothing makes me happier than my daily adventures with these two little ladies, especially if they involve donuts & lead to long overlapping afternoon naps.
PS. Did you see!? Little teeny tiny newborn legs are no more, miss Eloise Ruby is sporting some thigh rolls & I. Heart. Them. They go perfectly with her tiny double chin & chubby cheeks. Obsessed is an understatement.