Toddler Tales

Eloise walking has actually been one of my most favorite things in the entire world. Like I said before, this girl was never happy doing baby things, she was ready to take on the world one teeny-tiny step at a time. Her personality has changed so much, she is sweet, silly & quirky just like her big sis. It feels funny to me to have two kids just walking around, they hold hands & play together, like real kids. Kid kids. Not just babies.
The other morning when they were playing with their kitchen, Harper sweetly asked Eloise to make her something & handed her a plastic plate. Eloise continued to bang around a little bit until Harper took the plate back from her and said, “Mom. I asked Ellie to make me sumpin’ and all she made me was cat food!”

Grey & White Dress // Bow Sandals // Felt Bow // Floral Headwrap // Moccasins // Denim Romper old from Old Navy, similar here & here
Harper’s concept of time always makes me laugh, when I ask her if she needs to go to the bathroom, she will tell me things like “nope, I already went to the bathroom after my nap last year.” or “when you were my age, and I was your age…” She is so silly & loves to ask me things like if she can have birds in her room like Cinderella does, or if the horses by our house poop in the grass, then what grass do they eat? πŸ™‚ Clever little lady!

Sometimes her cleverness turns into sass & I get a pretty little glimpse into my future as a mom of three teenage girls. She gets her tutus & dress-up shoes taken away if she isn’t being good, but she is sure to find one at the bottom of a toy basket or in her teepee. She came scooting by me the other day with her giant Minnie mouse in front of her to hide the tutu she had on, and when she saw me notice it, she said “Mom, shhhh! I don’t want to hear you tell me one more time that I can’t wear my tutu. Don’t you even tell me. You can just look at Ellie while I go past you. Ok? Good.”

The two of them make each other laugh so hard every day, they already have their own funny little language & love each other so much. Even though Harper smacks Eloise in the head with play pots & pans sometimes, and Eloise occasionally bites Harper’s toes as hard as she can. Little gremlins, I love them so!

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Oh my gosh!!! How smart is Harper!!! I love it!!!!

Erin Johnson
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Harper is actually very smart. Her comment about when you were her age, she was your age is quite genius! Technically, she's right. When you were her age, she was also that same age. She is the same age you once had been. I can't even fully explain it, because well, it's just that genius! I love her sass, too! Thank you for sharing your daily stories! I love reading "Harperisms" πŸ™‚

Danielle Siero
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Oh my goodness, they are just too cute! I am also super jealous of the warm weather there! I can't wait to bust out skirts and dresses for my little one.

Schnelle
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Kids says the funniest things but the comment about going to the bathroom after her nap last year takes the cake!

Meghan
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Oh man they are cute! I remember when my son started walking that I thought he looked so old and big. But that picture of the two of them holding hands, it just shows how fast they grow and that Eloise is still a baby compared to Harper!

Holly
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

We take away tutus when our medium daughter gets in trouble too. And it works about as well. Lol

April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I love the picture of the girls holding hands. It would be a great one to zoom in, blow up and frame. The love between sisters.

Claudia
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

They really are gorgeous girls!!!

My son is 20 months old and I am pregnant. Don't know how I'm going to manage a toddler and a newborn, a husband, 2 dogs, a house, and a full time job!!!! You truly make it look easy! Love your blog and love that you share your life.
    Thank you!!!!

Acsa Harper

Little gremlins lol

Christina @ Embracing Simple
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

So sweet! I feel like my babe doesn't like being a baby either and it totally rearing to go and wants to walk badly! She's 9 months, and I'm thinking probably within the next month or two she'll be off and running. I can't wait for all the fun that walking opens us up to!

Emily Beckwith
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

So sweet! Toddlers are crazy with the things they come up with! And how sneaky they THINK they are πŸ˜‰
    This makes me look forward to when my sweet little babe becomes a big sister, one day!

Megz

Awwww, so sweet!

weebabyschmitt.blogspot.com

Danielle
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

This made me smile. Your girls are just so much fun. Being a boy mom to one little guy I am his best friends and it can get exhausting.. but at the end of the day I love every single second of it… happy Easter to you and your family

Stacy Harbert
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

My two year old does something similar when I catch her doing something she shouldn't be. "Mom, no! Go snuggle on the couch." So sassy but still so cute

Sundays with Sophie
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I love how they interact, and I absolutely love that last picture, a true portrait of sisterhood πŸ™‚ Can't wait to read about the third baby.

Andreanne Lamoureux
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Love this post! You have the most stylish girls ever! Keep it up!

lidia
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I'm so glad I found your blog, you are already one of my favorite blogs to read. Your daughters are the cutest and so are you!

Allison Cooley
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

This is great. I laughed the entire post. My little doesn't talk a lot yet but she has perfected rolling her eyes at the best moments!

Kelsey Dewey
    April 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Love love love this post

Jess Scott
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Oh my gosh, they are such characters! Cam always tells me, "We went there LAST year." when it was, like, two days ago. Toddlers are awesome (mostly). I can't even imagine the three of them as teenagers! Start stocking up on the booze now! πŸ™‚

Sully
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

that photo of the two of them holding hands absolutely kills me. my girls are 13 months apart and I cannot wait for them to be kids, instead of just babies!

Amanda
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

This is one of my favorite posts ever. They are so funny and adorable. I love hearing other people's cute kid stories. Keep these posts coming please!!! Happy Easter weekend πŸ™‚

Bree Gale
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

So so sweet!!

Melody
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

I love it. I'm convinced my 9 month old also hates being a baby and is ready to take over the world if only her legs would just cooperate. No steps yet, but she's really thinking about it. And my 4 year old is a sass master! Lol. I'm already scared for the teenage years with just my two! I can't imagine three! But I have a friend who has two sisters and they are all grown and the very best of friends now. Lifelong friends!

Nicholle Montalvo
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

omg. I can't even. Harper is so darn cute and smart! You must've died laughing when she told you to look at Ellie when she walks by with her sneaky tutu on! LMAO!

Kiki Mincks
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Kids say the silliest things. Cat food. Oh gosh. (: I think their bond is so wonderful! I cannot wait to have another and watch them grow. Have a lovely weekend!

April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Haha Harper is so bright!! You for sure will have your hands full when she's older and you can count on her teaching her ways to her sisters! Lol! πŸ™‚

Kelly Mock
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Oh Harper! Always leaves me laughing! PS I am drooling over those salt water taffy moccs!

July
    April 3, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Seriously…this is giving me major second baby fever. I love the Toddler tales, and getting a little glimpse into what life might be once we have a second kid around. Also…don't you love that new grassy area at the Avalon!? I seriously want to go hang out there every day when it's nice out!

Heather Schrader
    April 4, 2015 at 1:54 am

These posts are my favorite! I love the ones pertaining to the girls and a day in your life as a mom as I stay home with my 14 month old daughter too. πŸ™‚ Have a fabulous Easter!

Sprinkles and Glitter
    April 4, 2015 at 1:54 am

OMG- they are so stinkin' adorable!! I LOVE it!!!

Sadie Cummings
    April 4, 2015 at 1:54 am

So cute!! I love their sister love! Xoxo

Rachael
    April 4, 2015 at 1:54 am

Oh my goodness I am I. The same boat with Blair. The only way for her to know she did something wrong is for me to take away her play dresses. Of course then she will go into my closet and pull out my dresses and shoes to wear or ask if I want to play dress up too. Who can say no to that!? 3 year old girls think thy rule the world, which they might sometimes

April 4, 2015 at 1:54 am

Oh, Harper's sass! I love it.

Emily
    April 6, 2015 at 1:30 am

They are adorable!

Angie Gottlieb
    April 6, 2015 at 1:30 am

Adorable post!! My daughters are the same except our 11 month old can't walk yet but she sure gets around cruising as fast as she can! They chase each other around the whole house, laugh and cry together. It really is great to see them bond! And I am happy they can entertain each other too πŸ˜‰ Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family!!

Joie de Viv
    April 6, 2015 at 1:30 am

Oh my goodness! This is such a good post! The things 3 years old say – I just can't wait!

xx Viv at JoieDeViv

Tawnya Faust
    April 6, 2015 at 1:30 am

You are so good at telling stories about your girls!! They're just so freaking sweet!! πŸ™‚ xo

Michelle Bollinger
    April 6, 2015 at 1:30 am

These are my favorite posts πŸ™‚ So cute hearing what Harper says….I can relate to so much of it! And that picture of them holding hands in the car? You must have had that good feeling mommy moment for sure!

Place Under The Pine
    April 7, 2015 at 1:26 am

Great post. It's those little stories that really make parenting great eh? They sound just like my kids.

marci @ the wallace house
    April 7, 2015 at 1:26 am

I love this! Isn't it the best when they start REALLY playing together? My boys are 2.5 and 14 months and I'm loving how much they play together these days! Real, actual playing…it's the best!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl}
    April 7, 2015 at 1:26 am

oh my goodness i am so glad you documented harper's hilariousness! she sure has some personality…what a funny girl. πŸ™‚

eduffbug2000
    April 7, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Love love love the toddler takes stories!! So cute!!

SJ Rueppel
    April 10, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Definitely toddler logic! They don't even realize how hilarious they are!