Harper’s 5th Birthday Art Party

This weekend we celebrated Harper’s 5th birthday with an art party at a local art/photography studio. This party was seriously SO much fun to put together! We loved this space because it was essentially a blank canvas, it had a bunch of kids tables and chairs, and lots of antique furniture & seating. So we were able to rearrange it the way we wanted, set it up and decorate, and didn’t need to worry one bit about the paint getting on the concrete floor, which it did! It totally set the mood to get the creative juices flowing! The room was so beautiful and had tons of space for the kids to have a dance party!

We started out with the table set for all of the kids to each have a canvas to paint. Harper picked out a bunch of different acrylic paints from Target and we ordered the paint trays, canvases & brushes from Amazon. We also had a big stash of paper, along with colored pencils & crayons for them to keep drawing while their paintings dried. They all had so much fun making their art, looking back I wish I had ordered a few extra canvases so they could keep going!! We had confetti cake, cupcakes & Harper’s favorite popcorn chex mix. I ended up leaving all of the paintings to dry since they were pretty messy, I can’t wait to go back and pick them all up to see how they turned out!!

Such a blast celebrating our sweet girl, in the middle of everyone coloring, she stood up and gave us a thank you card that she made right there for “making her party so perfect.” She has such a heart of gold!! The girls danced wildly to Trolls and Shake it off, and ended with them all falling to the ground in laughter, it was perfect. Thank you to all of our sweet friends who came out, and if you’re local and interested in this space, send me an email! ๐Ÿ™‚ย Happy 5th birthday Harper girl!

cathy claus
    February 20, 2017 at 2:32 pm

how adorable! everything looked fabulous! Do you have a recipe for the popcorn chex mix?

Jessica Garvin
      February 22, 2017 at 7:48 am

thank you! if you search on the blog for popcorn mix, you’ll find a few recipes where I have used it for holidays ๐Ÿ™‚

Erika
    February 20, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Such a cute party, great job momma! This is such a random question but can you share where you buy your sprinkles that are on the cake? They don’t look like the standard rainbow sprinkles and i really like the color-combo/shape of them. Thanks! Sincerely, sprinkle connoisseur ๐Ÿ˜›

Jessica Garvin
      February 22, 2017 at 7:49 am

we actually just mixed up our own using a few different confetti sprinkle mixes that I had here, and a little container of white star sprinkles, some colored sugar sprinkles, etc. you can find some fun mixes on etsy too though! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kristen
    February 20, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Oh my goodness, this is perfect! Harper looks so sweet and sounds like she is just that! What a great party!

Alyssa
    February 20, 2017 at 6:15 pm

This looks like so much fun, the colors are just perfect! I want my own art party!!

natasha
    February 20, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Such gorgeous photos, especially the one of you and Harper!! Sounds like such a fun party!! xo

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
    February 20, 2017 at 8:43 pm

What a beautiful party set up! Happy birthday again to Harper!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Nicole Downey
    February 21, 2017 at 7:19 am

I love this! I get so overwhelmed with all of the elaborate pinterest birthday parties these days, this is just PERFECT.

Elizabeth W.
    February 21, 2017 at 8:37 am

This entire party is adorable and so sweetly sophisticated! Harper is one lucky little lady!

Kerri Pereira
    February 21, 2017 at 1:04 pm

So cute! Where did you get the gold #5 cake topper?

Jessica Garvin
      February 22, 2017 at 7:50 am

i usually get them at our local SugarBoo store, but you can search “number sparkler cake topper” and you’ll find them online in tons of shops ๐Ÿ˜‰

Erin Roberts
    February 21, 2017 at 1:20 pm

What a fun party!! Harper writing you a thank you card completely melted my heart! What a sweet girl!

XO, Erin

Kristin
    February 21, 2017 at 1:24 pm

That looks like so much fun! What an awesome birthday party idea.

Jenna
    February 21, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Your parties are the sweetest! So thoughtful for your kids yet absolutely beautiful! Thank you for all of the inspo day in and day out!

Kait
    February 22, 2017 at 7:47 am

my daughter would love this! sweetest party mama!!!

Emily
    February 22, 2017 at 8:18 am

Can you share where your drink dispensers are from? Absolutely love them!!

Megan
    February 22, 2017 at 11:11 pm

I can’t believe she is 5! I remember when you were pregnant with her! I was pregnant with my son at the same time and have followed you ever since. Your blog has helped me more than you will ever know and I can’t even believe this is the first time I’m ever commenting on one of your posts! <3

Annie Stroh
    February 28, 2017 at 8:27 am

OMIGOSH the picture where Eloise is looking at Harper as they’re going around in a circle…you can just tell that she looks up to her so much!

Holly
    July 10, 2017 at 7:09 am

Love these photos! Looks like a fabulous time! I do have a question though. I am local and would love to know what studio y’all used. My daughter has requested a full pink party this year! Feel free to email me if you don’t want to put it on here publicly. Thanks!!

Karen
    July 19, 2017 at 11:46 am

We are putting together an art party for my soon to be 5 year old. Where did you get the polka dotted kraft paper for the table? Thanks!