Halloween Costume Ideas

Looking for a last minute costume idea? We have you covered! I have compiled a list of all of my favorite costumes we have either done or seen over the years, and have polled you all over on Instagram for ideas as well! If you love a good themed costume as much as we do, we’ve broken these down by Couples, Kids & Family costumes. Hope you enjoy these lists!!

Kids/Siblings

Darla & Alfalfa

Monsters of Monsters Inc.

Ellie & Carl (Up!)

Magician & a Rabbit

Toy Story Characters

Candyland Game Characters

Little Red Riding Hood, Wolf & Grandma

The Three Little Pigs or Three Bears

The Grinch & Cindy Lou Who

Snow White & (some of the seven?) Dwarfs

Trolls

Anything sweet (muffin, cupcake, cotton candy!)

Couples

Tyler Durden & Marla Singer (Fight Club!)

Johnny Cash & June Carter

Forest Gump & Jenny

Sam & Suzy (Moonrise Kingdom, so well done by our friends at our Halloween party last year!!)

Wayne & Garth

Popeye & Olive Oil

Bee & a Beekeeper

Jim & Pam (The Office, and again done so well by our friends last year!)

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Mary Poppins & Chimney Sweep

Santa & Mrs Clause (or Clark & Ellen Griswold!)

The Bachelorette & Chris Harrison

Anything from SNL (depending on your sense of humor)

Chip & Joanna (#shiplap!)

Family/Theme Costumes

Hocus Pocus (always and always!!!)

Wizard of Oz (so many characters to choose from, even for mom & dad to go as the good witch & the wizard, and kids/babies to go as flying monkeys!)

Circus (greatest showman style!)

The cast of Coco

Farmer & Farm Animals

The cast of Peter Pan

Baseball Theme (players, refs, hot dog or popcorn concessions!)

Alice & Wonderland Characters

Sandlot Characters

Care Bears

Sesame Street Characters

Emojis (salsa dancer, anyone?!)

The Addams Family

Home Alone (Harry, Marv & KEVIN!)

Is your costume on this list?! There are just never enough opportunities to dress up because I would love to do ALL of these!!!ย Cannot wait to see everyone’s costumes & to share ours this year! In the meantime, leave any more fun ideas below & have the BEST Halloween week ever!!!!! XO

Nicole
    October 25, 2018 at 11:28 am

So many good ideas!!! Your Hocus Pocus has got to be by far my favorite idea Iโ€™ve ever seen !

Nicole
    October 25, 2018 at 11:32 am

How did you get her hair to stand up so well?! My son is going as Alfalfa and no amount of gel and hairspray is keeping it up! ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Jessica Garvin
      October 25, 2018 at 12:15 pm

I pulled a super long piece actually from the base of her neck and bobby pinned it up the back of her head! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maureen Day
    October 25, 2018 at 11:33 am

I canโ€™t wait to see what you guys are doing this year!!! I LOVE all of your family costumes. It really is the best time of year lol

S
    October 25, 2018 at 11:56 am

Our son is going to be a lobster and the hubs and I are going to be fishermen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฆ
    Happy Halloween!

Brittney
    October 25, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Cute! My boys are going as the monsters from Monsters Inc. I can’t wait to get them dressed up and take their pictures!

Cara Stine
    October 25, 2018 at 12:19 pm

We are all dressing up as sharks from the baby shark song since our 2 year old listens to it 100x a day.

Merissa Vuylsteke
    October 25, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Scooby Doo and ‘the Gang’, Ace Ventura (with the tutu!), John Travolta & Uma Thurman from Pulp Fiction, any characters from The Princess Bride, the Big Lebowski bowling team (or The Dude – basically pajamas!) and if you have a crafty streak we loved going as painted portraits (Van Gogh and Lichtenstein)!

Alyssa
    October 25, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Not the most original, but Iโ€™m doing a fireman and Dalmatian puppy! Hoping to get some great pics of them at my husbands station (heโ€™s a firefighter) since heโ€™s working Halloween and I plan to bring the kiddos to see him!

Amanda
    October 25, 2018 at 1:00 pm

My 2 girls are dressing up as Lucy & Ethel. Over the summer they fell in love with the show and ironically their personalities are a perfect match up! Canโ€™t wait to see your familyโ€™s costumes this year!

Emily
    October 25, 2018 at 1:31 pm

My oldest is a pirate and my baby is a parrot. We turned our wagon into a pirate ship and won our towns halloween costume contest! Was NOT expecting that! Super easy and cute! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lindsay
    October 25, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Oh my goodness, throwback too Eloise as Dorothy! So little!! Can’t wait to see y’alls costumes this year!

Elizabeth Cutts
    October 25, 2018 at 2:14 pm

Weโ€™ve done several of these! This year our three girls are doing Monters Inc, Sully, Mike, and Boo. My husband and I are going as Forest Gump and Jenny. Our first year not doing a family costume.

Kara Hamilton
    October 25, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Our little manโ€™s first Halloween and he is going to be a chicken and my husband and I as farmers โ˜บ๏ธ Love love your famโ€™s costumes every year!

Liz
    October 25, 2018 at 3:41 pm

We are going as Hocus Pocus this year and I’m so freakin excited!!

Katie
    October 25, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Jack and Sally from Nightmare before Christmas
    My husband and I also did Quailman (Doug) and Carmen SanDiego
    Star Wars
    Alice in wonderland
    Super mario bros (and company) -this was a group effort of 8 of us.

Kathryn
    October 25, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Our family is doing the wizard of oz this year! And hearing my 3 year old say โ€œIโ€™ll get you my pretty and your little dog too!โ€ Never, ever gets old! ๐Ÿ™‚

Chelsey
    October 25, 2018 at 4:30 pm

After many ideas tossed around and unable to work we landed on School of Rock this year. And it will be epic. Itโ€™s our boysโ€™ favorite movie and we went to the Broadway show last week at the Fox, so they are pretty pumped!

Heather D
    October 25, 2018 at 4:50 pm

LOVE your costumes always! Weโ€™ve dressed up as a family of vampires, cave people, Harry Potter & Hermoine, Captain America & Wonder Woman, Race Cat driver & Pit Crew, Frankenstein & Bride of …and many more! Canโ€™t wait to see what you have planned this year!!

Nicole
    October 25, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Want to do hocus locus so badly. Weโ€™re a family of five so this year we did Peter Pan! So excited that everyone got on bored.

Jackie
    October 25, 2018 at 6:38 pm

My oldest (4 yo next month) asked to be a ghost so we are going Ghostbuster-themed. Olivia will be a ghost, Penny will be Slimer, our Yorkie-Poo/Chihuahua will be the Stay Puft Marshmallow (wo)man and my husband and I will be the Ghostbusters.

Else
    October 26, 2018 at 2:12 am

You are too cool! When do you find the time to be so creative ๐Ÿ˜€ And go thorugh with it!

Jenn
    October 26, 2018 at 2:51 am

Yes! My dream is coming true and one of my friends is being Wayne to my Garth next week. I’m so excited!

Katie
    October 26, 2018 at 5:45 am

These are the BEST! My favorite costumes were Cinderella and Gus Gus (my kids) while chad and I were prince charming (aka he showed up in his work clothes just before trick or treating) and I was the Fairy Godmother. When I was in college I showed up as Pippy Longstockings and literally unwrapped a coat hanger from my closet to make my braids stand up! I poked people in the eye with my hair ALL NIGHT LONG! HAHAHA!

Allie
    October 26, 2018 at 6:15 am

My husband is going as Sully, I am pregnant so I am Mike Wazowski, and my daughter is going to be Boo!

Danielle
    October 29, 2018 at 3:47 am

My infant is going as the Very Hungry Caterpillar and my 4 year old is a butterfly

Katie
    October 29, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Weโ€™ve done Toy Story, Harry Potter, Pokรฉmon (ugh), and this year Avengers. I have three boys this year, so itโ€™s getting more challenging as our family grows!

Anna Krcil
    October 29, 2018 at 7:20 pm

So many great ideas! We are superheroes this year as my 4yo son requested. I know the years are limited that he wants to dress up as a group, so I didnโ€™t fight. ๐Ÿ˜