This might be my favorite recipe of all time, we have made it four times in the last two weeks & I just cannot get enough.
I have been hunting down the perfect components for a good fish taco recipe, and we came to the conclusion that it needs a good blackened fish, a flavorful, crunchy slaw & a cool avocado topping. So I am sharing the recipe today & giving you a fair warning that you may need to make a quick run to the grocery store! 😉
For the fish //
4-5 tilapia filets
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like it!)
2 tbsp olive oil
10-12 corn tortillas
For the slaw //
1/4 red cabbage, chopped
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1/2 cup cilantro
juice of 1 lime
For the avocado sauce //
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cilantro
juice of 1 lime
sprinkle of sea salt
1. Combine ingredients for avocado sauce in a food processor or blender, blend until thoroughly mixed & set aside in fridge to chill.
2. Combine ingredients for slaw in a small bowl, mix well & set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for fish seasoning. Sprinkle the mixture on to both sides of the fish & rub the seasoning in to coat each filet.
4. Heat skillet to medium-high heat, add olive oil & add each piece of fish once the pan has heated. Cook on each side for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through and is flaking apart & outside looks blackened.
5. Heat a dozen corn tortillas in the same pan, or in the microwave. Break apart all of the fish into small pieces, add to the tortillas & top with slaw and sauce.
6. Serve & enjoy (with margaritas if possible)!
If you try these, I would love to know what you think of them! They’ll probably be on our weekend menu, and taste just as good on the grill instead of the skillet!! 🙂
Hope you are having a happy week so far!! XO