You guys know we looooove Valentine’s Day over here and our celebration is kicking off first thing tomorrow morning with a weekend full of fun for the kiddos. I feel extra compelled this year to make it super special since they aren’t in school doing a Valentine’s party like they normally might, but I am up to the challenge!! Tomorrow will be our official classroom party. I’m surprising them with their festive date night baskets in the morning, we will all be dressing up and actually decided to go out to dinner tomorrow night to one of our favorite fancy pizza spots!
I thought it would be fun to round up a few ideas of things you can do at home this year to celebrate a beautiful Valentine’s weekend, starting with a festive treat spread! Who needs meat & cheese when you can have donuts & gummy X’s and O’s!
1. A festive treat tray! Grab a serving tray, fill it with all the pink, white & red sweets. Powdered donuts, jelly filled cookies, strawberry wafer cookies, special edition pink kit-kats (ok yum!) and some gummies were easy to round up at Target and make the prettiest spread for afternoon fun or even a movie night snack with some popcorn included!!
2. Valentine’s hunt! Just like you would with Easter eggs, hide valentine’s treats and love notes all around the house and send the kids on a hunt to find them!!
3. Movie night, double feature. Set up camp in the living room with blankets, snacks & twinkle lights for a kids movie followed by a classic rom com! You can find my list of 14 Must Watch Movies in February here!
4. Candlelight dinner date night. Order takeout, set the table with your prettiest linens & dishes, light some candles or pull out the twinkle lights, get all dressed up and turn on some jazz music. Pretend you’re in a fancy restaurant and don’t forget dessert!
5. LOVE OTHERS. Have your kiddos make Valentine’s for friends & neighbors, round up a few sweet treats and small bouquets of flowers and drive around to deliver them to their doorsteps! There is no better feeling than to give too others!!
For the record, we will be doing all of these things, because GO BIG, OR GO HOME. Sending you lots of LOVE and virtual hugs! Thank you as always for reading!! XO69