Happy September! I think it’s safe to call today our first official day of Fall, wouldn’t you agree? At least the first official day of banana bread season!! We baked banana bread this week, the first thing we have baked in our new house, and truly there is something to be said about baking that makes a house feel like home!!
I wanted to share this recipe with you as it is a tried & true fave in our house, our kids smash this for breakfast and come home asking for it again after school!
Banana Bread Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins. Cook Time: 60 mins. Total Time: 1 hr. 15 mins
Serving Size: 2 medium sized loaves or 4 mini loaves
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large ripe bananas
Optional Toppings & Ingredients: walnuts, chocolate chips and additional 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar) and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mush the bananas with a fork and stir into the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until batter is smooth.
- Time for optional add-ins: chocolate chips or walnuts!
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Optional: sprinkle granulated sugar on the top of each loaf for a sparkly, crispy topping!
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Slice and serve warm with butter.
If you need to heat it up (we do not have or use a microwave), slice it up, and put it in your oven on broil for just a quick minute or two, and then add butter!!
If you try this and love, leave a comment below! Happy baking!77
Love the bread recipe! Could you also share where you got your cool utensils – the white ones with the black edges? Thank you!