New Year’s Eve Plans

Happy New Years Eve EVE! This is always such a fun & exciting time of year, de-cluttering of the home (and mind), planning & dreaming of what the new year will bring, and of course, a toast at midnight to celebrate!

We will be going out to dinner with a group of friends, just enough of an excuse to get dressed up, but heading home early so that we can put our babies to bed. As much fun as it is to go out on New Years, we love to switch it up every now & then by making it a cozy night in. A few of our friends will be coming back with us for champagne, appetizers (after dinner appetizers are still totally a thing, I really want to try these cream cheese wontons), games & a movie. In my family, it was always a tradition for my parents to host all of their friends for a game of Balderdash, all of us kids would watch from the living room trying to stay up as late as we could, so we are excited to do the same this year. Here’s a little inspiration for a midnight countdown from the couch! πŸ˜‰

Portable Record Player \ White Fur Slippers \ The Holiday

On our playlist is always Norah Jones, Ed Sheeran, Ray Lamontagne & The White Stripes. Plus maybe a little Iggy Azalea, for dancing of course! πŸ˜‰ I picked up a Sugar Paper Planner & always love jotting down ideas, plans & other thoughts throughout the night. In terms of resolutions this year? I have none yet. This may be the year of no resolutions, the year of taking it easy & just having fun. We will see!

I would love to hear your New Year’s Eve plans & traditions, what will you be doing tomorrow night?! Wishing you all the BEST YEAR YET!!

Sydney Hale
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

You WILL have a great year. Hehe

alexismarystewart
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

When are you going to tell us about your new news featured on Instagram?! So excited for you all!

December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

Happy New Year's Eve Eve!!! We are moving on January 1, so tomorrow we will be packing and drinking champagne while we ring in the New Year! As far as resolutions – I have a few financial and blog related ones, in addition to starting my workout routine back up! I'm with you though – I want next year to be as relaxing and fun as possible!! (My girls are 2 1/2 and 16 months!).

-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

Caitlin Gilbreath
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

Just saw your expecting post on instagram. I'm due in June with my first! Congratulations.

Kelly
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

Congratulations !! Can't wait to hear the deets!!

Nini
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

Congrats on #3! Looking forward to your adventures! You make pregnancy look easy!!

Michaela
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

where did you find those pajamas?

Beth Johnson
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

I'm going to a wedding this new years eve! I always thought it would be a fun night for a wedding:) Excited to get all dressed up. Have fun with your night in, sounds fun!

Summer Ann
    December 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

We will be staying in this year but I am really excited about it. We usually go out and do it big but I am really looking forward to something more laid back. We will totally be drinking champs, watching movies and maybe have a picnic in the living room. Cheers!

Summer Ann

Sharon
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve/Day! πŸ™‚ I'm sure it will be a party no matter what, sometimes a small party at home, in your jammies and slippers is what makes the day perfect.

DavisEverAfter
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Congrats to you all and cheers to a wonderful 2015!!!

Hooray for more Garvins!

Jenn
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Board games, snacka, and drinks with friends. I'm DD this year, so I'll be watching everyone else get a little rowdy. Happy New Years, and congrats on baby #3!

Meghan Pilosi
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Y'all are so fun! We want to come to all of y'all's parties 😁😳. Your announcement is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! 😍

Christy Ritter
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Sounds like you are going to ring in the new year perfectly! This is our first year with a little and we live close to reservation property so there are usually a lot of fireworks…we will see how that goes. But before we go to bed we are going to hit up my in-laws for the usual smorgasbord of appetizers and maybe I can talk them into playing a game or two??
    Along with everyone else, I am very much looking forward to this year's posts! Congratulations again!
    xoxo

ritterbits.blogspot.com

Amanda
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Congrats on #3, and Happy Almost New Year's Eve! I know you'll have your hands full this upcoming year, but it'd be great if you could go back to posting about how you balance things, amuse your kids/get through the day, etc.

Sometimes all the "hey, here's stuff you can buy!" posts really bum me out. I miss the helpful tips and "how she does it" posts.

A Simple Southern Life

Sounds like the perfect New Years to me! (:

Camille Pontvianne
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

We'll be hosting a small party at our house with some very close friends and their kids. We'll play some cards against humanity and sip on champagne. Then starting a whole30 on 1/1. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Michelle {lovely little things}
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

*come over, sorry autocorrect πŸ™‚

Michelle {lovely little things}
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

To be honest, cream cheese wontons and Balderdash sound AMAZING! Can I com over?

Heather
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

You'll do great, girl!! You've totally got it under control. I've got 4 boys – ages 6, 3.5, 1.5 and 6 months. It's definitely crazy but I like to think if it as controlled chaos πŸ˜‰ Cheers!!

Glitter with Grace
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Jessica I'm so happy for you! I've been reading your blog since your very early days, and I screeched for joy when I saw your news on Instagram just like I would have if it was one of my friends. I hope you have an amazing year to come, I can't wait to read all about your next pregnancy! xo

Squeeeeee!!! Just saw your Insty!!! πŸ™‚ God bless! Happy new year! Xoxo, NG

Teri O'Neil
    December 31, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Congrats on number 3!!! We'll be staying in this year as I'm currently 36 weeks celebrating with our 18 month old. Netflix has a King Julien countdown that we'll celebrate around 9pm then head to bed pretending we made it to midnight πŸ™‚

So excited for you FIVE!

Alexandra
    January 1, 2015 at 4:21 pm

In my family we used to do big parties, we have a large family. This year though is gonna be fairly small. Going out to friends and chill as it were.

Lisa Brown
    January 3, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Hey I liked your post on β€œNew Year's Eve Plans”; well I am a little bit late to read your post. Any way dear this New Year eve party was just awesome. My party planner organized everything perfectly. We enjoyed a lot there.