It’s been a little while since we’ve done one of these, so let’s dive right in to a few mom confessions, shall we? 🙂
1. Lack of sleep is totally catching up with me, I find myself waking up already grumpy with the kids instead of in a good mood. Aside from a random night or two, Claire has been waking 2-3 times each night, with last night being the worst yet. I am so looking forward to her sleeping through the night so I can get back in the habit of dragging myself out of bed before everyone wakes up in the morning. A cup of coffee in a quiet house before everyone is bouncing off the walls does wonders!
2. I used the NoseFrida Snot Sucker
on the girls this week with their colds, and although I was extremely skeptical (and maybe a little grossed out) by it at first, I think it just might be one of the best baby products ever.
3. I already hung our Christmas stockings. Fa la la la la!
4. I am over nursing. Cue the breastfeeding enthusiasts exiting the page now, but wait! I am not quitting 🙂 I am just getting burnt out & admitting it. Claire is still eating every 3-4 hours and still refuses a bottle (aside from a few random times when she willingly took one, and we can’t figure out how to make it happen again). She is my little ball & chain, I love her, but it would be nice to be able to get out the door for a holiday party or upcoming weddings without having to nurse her before bed & have to hurry home in case she wakes up to eat in the middle of the night. I know, suck it up and stop whining right? K.
5. I splurged on a $28 candle this week and I’m not even mad about it, because have you ever walked into Anthropologie and wondered how/why/what makes that store smell soooo amazing? It is this scent, Capri Blue Volcano
, and it is worth every. single. penny.
6. Eloise has started saying “yeah” instead of her enthusiastic yes, or “ass!” and we are really sad about it. Luckily, Harper still calls hummus “helmets” so we hope to be hanging on to that one a little bit longer.
7. We aren’t sure if we are going to move anymore, and I can’t decide if I am happy or sad about it. Long story short, we decided that building was actually not the best option for us, we felt like we were getting caught up in the excitement & new-ness of the opportunity, and were getting further and further away from our original reason of moving, which was to get a bigger yard for the kids and additional bedrooms. There is a lot more to it, which I will save for another post, but ultimately we are just trying to make the right decision and it is not easy. So for now, let’s just put up Christmas decorations!
8. Saving the best for last, I had to take the girls out the other night after dinner because we were out of our evening essentials, wine & milk. Brandon wasn’t home & we were in a rush because it was close to bedtime meltdowns so I hurried the kids out the door. After I buckled Claire into her carseat, I looked back and couldn’t help but die laughing when I realized what the girls were wearing. Harper had on a dress-up minnie mouse dress, two skirts & was wearing a cape as an apron. And Eloise was wearing Claire’s moose hat, no pants, and carrying a soccer ball. You guys, I cannot make this stuff up.
Sorry for the bad photo, it was dark. Have a confession? Do tell! 😉
Happy Hump Day! XO