- Stock up on excessive amounts of large ziplocks, they help you stay organized & sanitized (if at all possible).
- A few new toys or items they have never played with before will entertain them more than you’ll ever know. Even if you don’t want to spend money on more toys, pick up some random things like a glowstick (these work WONDERS), a hairbrush or a calculator & you just bought yourself an hour.
- On a long road trip, plan to take breaks to get out & stretch your legs. Letting Harper run around a coffee shop or Target for a few minutes makes a world of difference for everyone.
- Skip fast food or heavy meals so you don’t get tired. There’s nothing worse than the full/fat feeling after eating & then having to get back in the car. Our favorite go-to roadtrip snack is smoothies! They are filling & refreshing, and baby can sip on it too! Be sure to have lots of kid friendly snacks as well, cereals, fruit pouches & bananas are perfect for snacking in the car.
- Bring extra pacis. So many extra pacis. They will disappear right before your eyes, along with your sanity.
- You can never have too many sanitizing wipes or hand sanitizer. Grossness is lurking everywhere.
- If you’re spending a lot of time at the beach, look for hotels that offer beachfront cabanas for rent so you can keep your babe in the shade. Dragging a tent or umbrella along with your baby & all the bags/coolers/etc. is just an added pain in the ass.
- If possible, get a suite if you are staying in a hotel, sometimes they are only a few dollars more or even the same price if it is a weeknight. This way, your kiddo can sleep soundly in a room separate from you. And don’t forget bedtime necessities, like your noisemaker & monitor.
- Take advantage of playlists! We make separate CDs for when Harper is sleeping & for when she is awake. Calming music turned up like Kenny Chesney & Joshua Radin keep Harper sleeping & allow us to still talk in the front seat. Then when she is awake, we all jam out to ZBB, Eric Church & OAR to regain our energy.
I think that just about covers it, feel free to ask any questions in the comments section & I will do my best to answer or update the post! 🙂