Or if you’ve been around here for a while, you know we call it Brandon’s Bomb Chili!
This chili is SPICY, our kids do eat it but it is hot and will definitely make your nose run a little bit! This is a no bean recipe, with both beef & pork, lots of peppers, a can of beer and best of all: topped with tater tots (or extra crispy tater crowns which are the actual best) and tillamook shredded cheddar cheese! It is our favorite for a cozy snow day at home! We hope you love it!!!
Garvin Family Chili Recipe
Servings: 8-10 Prep Time: 60 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 hours
2 lb. chuck, ground
2 lb. lean pork, ground
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup chopped yellow onion
4 serrano peppers
3 green peppers
29 oz. hunt’s tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 can beer (12 oz.)
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
3 teaspoons cayenne
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon warm water
1. In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
2. Remove meat (the beef and the pork) from pan and set aside. Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
3. Add the (finely chopped) garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
4. Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, diced green peppers, finely chopped hot peppers, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce. Mix well.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
7. Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and allow to rest an additional 20 minutes to thicken before serving.
9. Serve and top with cheese, tater tots, or any of your favorite chili toppings.