Holiday Playlist + Santa Pictures

I think December is the only month of the year where I am constantly wishing for just a few extra days. Holiday parties, festive events with the kids, or just an extra Saturday to get all of our shopping done. These days are my very favorite! We have our Christmas party coming up this weekend & I wanted to share the playlist I have put together (loved all of your feedback on my Fall playlist, by the way!). If you haven’t heard the Jadon Lavik version of Mele Kalikimaka, you must download it.

Over the weekend, we took the girls to see Santa. Harper could hardly contain her excitement, which of course rubbed off on Eloise who was all smiles as we walked in. The girls watched other kids take their turn, and then as soon as it was time to sit on Santa’s lap, Eloise totally lost it. She burst into tears & made a mad dash into Brandon’s arms. Harper was so shy at first but eventually told Santa that she wanted a hula hoop, a mermaid fin & a flower blanket to give to Claire since Claire wasn’t old enough to ask for anything for Christmas. My heart melted, she seriously is the sweetest big sister.

I think we are still a few years away from getting all three smiling girls on Santa’s lap, but I guess these pictures are pretty priceless. 😉
Hope you all are having a great week!! XO

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Love your choices! I ADORE Otis Redding's version of White Christmas and I was so torn between that one and Bing Crosby's version for my playlist. I just posted mine last week, and I have a couple that you MUST add to yours – Chris Martin's (from Coldplay) version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas… seriously, you will never want to listen to another version of that song as long as you live after you hear this one. It's life changing. Also, I love how you love off the beaten path artists like I do, so I think you would love "Stay a Little Longer Santa" by Shemekia Copeland, and also India Arie and Stevie Wonder's version of "The Christmas Song." Best version ever!

December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

What media player do you use to create/play your music? Itunes?

Kristin Longacre
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

I have a friend who loved the fact that she got a screaming baby picture with santa… I guess it seems to be fairly normal lol! Too funny.

Milena Enguidanos-Gonzalez
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Sweet little Ellie, she breaks my heart ♡ my 14 month old also hated our socal Santa (who was in his 20s,wearing shorts and sneakers).I love the Pentatonix song, "That's Christmas to me" (all acapella and very beautiful). And I feel the same way about the extra days! 😉

Milena
    Ladyandlittle.etsy.com

Kara
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Your playlist is pretty much perfection, although I was surprised not to see Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree or Run Run Rudolph on the there…gotta represent Home Alone!

Love your blog and watching these little cuties grow. Merry Christmas to you all!

Jessica
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Great playlist!! I LOVE Jadon Lavik!! The girls look so cute with Santa. And what an adorable Santa he is!

December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

You're missing "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee! No matter what mood I'm in, that song turns my day around. Plus it reminds me of Home Alone every time I hear it. You got awesome Christmas pics and that guy looks like a legit Santa. 😉

Carrie Budzinski

That's so sweet!

megan
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

What Harper said to Santa made me tear up. Such a precious thing.

Celeste
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Those are strangely my favorite kind of pictures because they are true to life and they recall details of the moment that might be lost in a posed picture.

Tara
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

These pictures are definitely priceless! Merry Christmas!

Rebecca W.
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Bahaha, kind of sounds like out Santa visit. My 2 year old was talking up a storm about Santa, even seeing him with other kids was fine but as soon as they said :you're turn" she bee-lined it to Daddy's arms and burst into tears wanting to go home. But we got a sweet pic of our 5 month old 🙂 Small victories.

Bekka Joy
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Love the Santa pictures! We keep Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas album playing in December!! 🙂

Shelby McConville
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Jess! If you like Jadon Lavik, please check out Tyrone Wells and his Christmas album (okay, let's be honest– all his stuff is awesome). You'd love him! No, I don't know him, I just love his music.

Bb
    December 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

no nsync Christmas on the playlist?! But seriously the list sounds great! You should check out Amy Grants Christmas records they always make me feel so warm and cozy on a winters day.

marianna
    December 10, 2015 at 2:33 am

She & Him Holiday all. the. way!! you gotta check it out!

Alyssa M
    December 10, 2015 at 2:33 am

We went to see Santa today! We're 0 for 2 so far. I tried prepping him this year, but turns out he's still a scary guy. So tell Eloise my guy Xavier can relate, haha

K. Angel
    December 10, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Harper's sweet face in the last picture…adorable!!

Carolina Menzel-Jones
    December 14, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Aww lovely pictures with Santa. One day you might have the three of them smiling, hopefully! Great holiday mix!!
    xo

Chels DP
    December 14, 2015 at 4:06 pm

totally crying over Harper asking for a blanket for Claire! How sweet!